switching from cc to ls

reefer523

I was thinking of switching from cc to ls and have been researching this for day and reading all the posts about how good it is, so I decided to do it= went to my lfs and told them what I planned to do and they told me not to do it- that sand is too hard to keep clean and there is no reason to change.So what do I do know and who do I believe?
Thanks for any help
65 gallon reef
foxface
clown
peppermint shrimp
cleaner shrimp
scooter blenny
lawnmower blenny
asst corals
about 65lbs lr

kris

Frustrating I know, there are alot of different opinions, on just about everything.
What i do in a case like this is go for a majority ruling. I'm fairly certain that the majority will rule in favor of ls. I'm not sure why your lfs guy would tell you it's hard to clean when you don't actually clean it at all, very much unlike cc which requires vacuuming at each water change. A little clean-up crew will do fine (and really even that is optional)
I also however believe strongly in the old addage.. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
It is a big pain, kinda spendy, and very upsetting to your tank to go through such a change, so consider these cons as well when you make your final decision.
I saved myself at least a half hour cleaning time when I switched to ls.
Good Luck

i just recently did it and my lfs wouldnt sale me ls but gave me unseeded sand to put it in free with 2 lbs of ls from his own tank. it took my three to change but i really enjoyed the outcome. looks more like a tank now