Syracuse gets shafted!!!!

teamsleep

What do any of you think of the brakets and whos going to take it this year? Whats up with Syracuse getting shafted too I mean come on! They didnt do that good but they deserve to be in the tourny.

ice4ice

Syracuse got robbed ! And you're talking to a die-hard SU fan. They did do well despite their tough schedule. But, boy oh boy - That is totally wrong not for SU to be in the tourney considering their conference record were better than those some that are in. SU should have at least gotten an "at-large" bid. Even Michigan's coach is stumped & shocked that SU are not in.

ice4ice

Originally Posted by watson3
This sums it up...
How can you "sum that up" when you got Stanford of all teams in the NCAA tournament ?! Syracuse has a better record (22-10, 10-7 in the Big East) than Stanford's (18-12) Puh-leeze !!! There are other teams with similar records as SU's in the tourney plus SU has beaten ranked teams during the season ! We killed Georgetown at SU by 20 + points ! We also have beaten UCONN when they were ranked and Villanova as well all at home ! SU deserves to be in the tourney ! A sad day at Syracuse.

ruaround

what happened is what happened... they didnt make it... not like they had a chance any how... they would have been first rounded anyhow...
Ohio, NC State or Florida should win it all...

pontius

they were 3-8 versus Top 50 teams. they weren't robbed, they were mediocre.
and I have determined today that their coach may be the most annoying human being on earth, and this is coming from someone that doesn't really even like basketball. he was on THREE Espn Radio shows and then he's on PTI this evening. can somebody tell him that all his whining isn't going to make the tournament selection committee change their minds?
I HATE Climpsun, but Climpsun deserves to be in the tourney before Syracuse. Climpsun started the season 17-0 and plays in THE premiere basketball conference.

bbb

Originally Posted by ruaround
what happened is what happened... they didnt make it... not like they had a chance any how... they would have been first rounded anyhow...
Ohio, NC State or Florida should win it all...
NC State is not in.
I wish they had beaten UNC in the final game of the ACC tournament though. I'm a Duke fan but I don't think they'll win it this year.

ice4ice

Originally Posted by Pontius
they were 3-8 versus Top 50 teams. they weren't robbed, they were mediocre.
Oh please ! Mediocre ?! Stanford is mediocre with a 18-14 record ! There are teams in the tourney with similar or slightly better record as SU. Therefore you may call them mediocre as well.
and I have determined today that their coach may be the most annoying human being on earth,
Can't be as annoying as ---- Vitale
and this is coming from someone that doesn't really even like basketball.
he was on THREE Espn Radio shows and then he's on PTI this evening. can somebody tell him that all his whining isn't going to make the tournament selection committee change their minds?
No it won't change their minds but everyone in the basketball world is perplexed as he is why they got the snub. It makes no sense. Oh yeah, Kansas St. also should have been in as well.
I HATE Climpsun, but Climpsun deserves to be in the tourney before Syracuse. Climpsun started the season 17-0 and plays in THE premiere basketball conference.
HA !! Come to the Big East ! The Big East is one of the real powerhouse conference in college basketball.
BTW - who the heck is Climpsun ???? A high school team ?

ruaround

Originally Posted by BBB
NC State is not in.
I wish they had beaten UNC in the final game of the ACC tournament though. I'm a Duke fan but I don't think they'll win it this year.
got me BBB... i meant the Tarheals... Duke had a horrible season... although the womens program will most likey go to the final 4...

teamsleep

I think that they seen that the NIT wasnt really that good this year and they want the ratings for both tourneys so they left a couple teams out that couldve made it and put them in the NIT to make it better. Syracuse did lose a few games that they couldve won if they just learned how to shoot free throws and convert on some key chances they wouldve had about four or five more wins and this conversation wouldnt be going on. I think the reason everyone is making a big deal about this is becuase that the Big East is one of the toughest if not the toughest conference to play in and overall syracuse didnt have that bad of a record. At the beggining of the year they werent playing that great but you have to look at the end when everything started blending. Like I said if it wasnt for a few missed free throw and a couple botched oppertunities they would be in the NCAA. As for Behiem he has a game coming up soon so he needs to quite complaining and get his mind on the game or else he will be watching the rest of the tourney. I think the Orangemen have a very good chance of taking the NIT. Any input on that? As for the NCAA its up for grabs anyone could stumble and have a bad game while someone steps up and takes it. Should be exciting. Hey Ice where are your from?

ice4ice

Originally Posted by teamsleep
I think that they seen that the NIT wasnt really that good this year and they want the ratings for both tourneys so they left a couple teams out that couldve made it and put them in the NIT to make it better. Syracuse did lose a few games that they couldve won if they just learned how to shoot free throws and convert on some key chances they wouldve had about four or five more wins and this conversation wouldnt be going on. I think the reason everyone is making a big deal about this is becuase that the Big East is one of the toughest if not the toughest conference to play in and overall syracuse didnt have that bad of a record. At the beggining of the year they werent playing that great but you have to look at the end when everything started blending. Like I said if it wasnt for a few missed free throw and a couple botched oppertunities they would be in the NCAA. As for Behiem he has a game coming up soon so he needs to quite complaining and get his mind on the game or else he will be watching the rest of the tourney. I think the Orangemen have a very good chance of taking the NIT. Any input on that? As for the NCAA its up for grabs anyone could stumble and have a bad game while someone steps up and takes it. Should be exciting. Hey Ice where are your from?
Good points there. There have been games the team didn't produce when they should or let the game get away from them when they had a good lead. This team did show unity when it really needed to be counted on in must win games. I have been dismayed when they have lost games when suddenly only one person always wants the ball and try to win the game for SU. I've always said Devendorf needed to step up and be a team player and leader and settle down abit. Josh Wright coming from my hometown in Utica, NY was a great player in H.S. but he needs to get out and earn his minutes and produce in order to be a starter and a scoring threat. D-Nic has been hot and cold all season but slowly came thru for SU in crucial games. Rebounding was also a weak spot for SU as well. All in all in my opinion with a record they had, I feel SU should have earned a spot in the NCAA Tournament.

pontius

not everyone "in the basketball world" is perplexed that they didn't get in. most people don't care. like I said, they were 3-8 vs Top 50 teams. and if I remember correctly, they finished SIXTH in their conference. their only accomplishments this year is that they beat Georgetown (a 2 seed) once, and split with a mediocre Villanova program. other than that, they accomplished nothing. they lost to Notre Dame (a 6 seed) TWICE, and lost to a bunch of no name programs.
it's only natural that a Syracuse fan will say "they got shafted". but coming from someone who is unbiased, no, they didn't get shafted. they were mid-tier, and that's where they're playing....in a mid-tier tournament.

adroitmind

They got screwed for sure. I think that K-State deserved to get in more though. They beat Texas A&M and they got in. That being said i am rooting for A&M all the way.
Go Big 12

Go Tigers :help:

bbb

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
HA !! Come to the Big East ! The Big East is one of the real powerhouse conference in college basketball.
BTW - who the heck is Climpsun ???? A high school team ?
I think the meant Clemson. It's a school in South Carolina that is in the ACC. They started 17-0 but then lost quite a few.
Originally Posted by ruaround

got me BBB... i meant the Tarheals... Duke had a horrible season... although the womens program will most likey go to the final 4...
The womens team did awesome. The mens team was really young and tended to go through times at the end of the game where they didn't score. Then in half the games they lost they had a shot to win the game at the end but couldn't finish. Maybe they'll have a better season next year.

ice4ice

Originally Posted by watson3
So if they lose out of the NIT will they have still been " Robbed"

I don't think they'll lose the NIT. They're so motivated to prove to the committee that they belonged in the NCAA Tourney.

watson3

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
I don't think they'll lose the NIT. They're so motivated to prove to the committee that they belonged in the NCAA Tourney.
How close was that game ? Did not seem that motivated...Maybe they will turn on the heat next round

S

sudc

Losing in the NIT means nothing with regards to being qualified for the NCAA tourney. Teams like Syracuse and major programs view the NIT as a disappointment, small schools view it as their big shot and are much more fired up.
Either way, Syracuse showed why they should have made the tourney with their comeback win last night. Noone mentions that the Drexel, Wichita ST. and Oklahoma state losses by Syracuse were basically without Devendorf. He was fighting a viral infection and barely played in those games which were all very close losses, all 3 were by far his fewest mi nutes played all year. Other teams got consideration for their stars missing time but not Syracuse.
Stanford is showing right now why they belong in the NIT. Syracuse blew a big lead with 10 minutes left AT louisville to lose a very close game. Stanford is getting blown out by Louisville like they are a high school team. Great job by the committee, yeah Stanford is really deserving. No team in the NCAA would be up 30 points in the 2nd half against Syracuse.

ice4ice

Originally Posted by SUDC
Losing in the NIT means nothing with regards to being qualified for the NCAA tourney. Teams like Syracuse and major programs view the NIT as a disappointment, small schools view it as their big shot and are much more fired up.
Either way, Syracuse showed why they should have made the tourney with their comeback win last night. Noone mentions that the Drexel, Wichita ST. and Oklahoma state losses by Syracuse were basically without Devendorf. He was fighting a viral infection and barely played in those games which were all very close losses, all 3 were by far his fewest mi nutes played all year. Other teams got consideration for their stars missing time but not Syracuse.
Stanford is showing right now why they belong in the NIT. Syracuse blew a big lead with 10 minutes left AT louisville to lose a very close game. Stanford is getting blown out by Louisville like they are a high school team. Great job by the committee, yeah Stanford is really deserving. No team in the NCAA would be up 30 points in the 2nd half against Syracuse.

FINALLY !! Someone that knows how to make a valid argument why SU belongs in the NCAA Tournament. How so true one mentions Drexel, Wichita St and Okl. St. losses by SU due to Devendorf's absences with illness.
I'm glad Stanford got eliminated - they're an embarassment. Really deserving .....