T-5 lit tanks?

bkvreef

I am always asking people what I can keep under my tek t-5 lit tank.
As they say a picture is worth a thousand words!
Lets see them.

I have a 54Wx4 TEK retro fit on top of my 55g. Here are my results:
Full Tank shot

My Polyp garden:

Hammer coral

Random softies

Open Brain

dragonzim

Originally Posted by Golgi Aparatus
I have a 54Wx4 TEK retro fit on top of my 55g. Here are my results:
Golgi - What bulbs are you running? I am going to be replacing mine in the next few weeks and I really like the colors in your tank.

Originally Posted by DragonZim
Golgi - What bulbs are you running? I am going to be replacing mine in the next few weeks and I really like the colors in your tank.

Thanks alot! I tell you what, I'll check when I get home from work tonight and let you know exaclty what I'm running. I believe , but don't hold me to it, that I have 1 Geisman Power Chrome Midday bulb, 1 Aqua Blue+ by Geisman, 1 Geisman Pure Actinic, 1 Hagen-Glo Marine Glo Actinic bulb.
I know that it sounds like alot of blue light but the Geisman Midday bulb is a very stong yellowish color and the blue really evens out the water color.
I'll let you know exactly what the configuration is later on tonight. I can also point you towards a place to pick these bulbs up online in a personal email.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by Golgi Aparatus
Thanks alot! I tell you what, I'll check when I get home from work tonight and let you know exaclty what I'm running. I believe , but don't hold me to it, that I have 1 Geisman Power Chrome Midday bulb, 1 Aqua Blue+ by Geisman, 1 Geisman Pure Actinic, 1 Hagen-Glo Marine Glo Actinic bulb.
I know that it sounds like alot of blue light but the Geisman Midday bulb is a very stong yellowish color and the blue really evens out the water color.
I'll let you know exactly what the configuration is later on tonight. I can also point you towards a place to pick these bulbs up online in a personal email.
Thanks man! I've actually got a gift certificate to another online retailer and am waiting for Christmas for hopefully another one to get the new bulbs. Nothing like spending $150 on light bulbs...

wangotango

Corals are different but the lighting looks pretty much the same.
Aquactinics TX5:
(2) Geisemann pure actinics
(1) Geisemann 11k
(1) ATI 12k
(1) UVL 75/25 14k
-Justin

Here is my exact lighting setup:
(1) ATI Sun Pro
(1) Geisman Power Chrome Midday
(1) Geisman Pure Actinic
(1) Hagen-Glo Marine Glo Actinic

t316

Chilwil...you don't have a problem with that Tunzi blowing stuff over, or do you have it set really low?

brandon7491

some of the most beautiful sps tanks are kept under t-5 lights with no problem. thats what most of the european reefers use and there tanks are simply amazing with the growth,colors ect

crt81

Originally Posted by Flricordia
Not total T5, but 12hr T5 actinic, 6hr 15k MH. Never seen my corallimorpharians and zoanthids look better.

what size tank do you have?
How many T5's do you have? Just 2 bulbs or more?
What bulbs are you using?
Your tank is awesome!!!!!!!!

flricordia

Originally Posted by crt81
what size tank do you have?
How many T5's do you have? Just 2 bulbs or more?
What bulbs are you using?
Your tank is awesome!!!!!!!!
Thanks. It just really started to take off since I added the T5s. 2x24wt retro actinics. It is a 75 corner tank. Also has a 150wt Mh. I am planning on adding another 2 24wt T5s, though I don't know if it really needs it. The shrooms are the biggest I have ever seen them and the ricordias have almost doubled in size to the point they are crowding each other out.
I didn't pay T5s much interest before, but I have to say, they are great for reefs and though I was always of the oppinion that only MH were needed for clams and anemones, what I have seen with the T5s and the growth the corals put on and the light intensity of the individual bulbs with individual reflectors, this old dog is learning some new tricks.

chilwil84

Originally Posted by T316
Chilwil...you don't have a problem with that Tunzi blowing stuff over, or do you have it set really low?

no problems its angled towards the front glass and reflects back into the tank where i have a tunze nano and hydro set up shooting water into its path creating some nice turbulance

steve24

my 55 reef with aquatinics TX5 lighting ...
not the best of pics but you`ll get the idea what it looks like

steve24

Originally Posted by Hefner413
just wondering, what color sand is that? Nice tank btw.
thanks
its a dark gray