T-5

hot883

T5's are High Output (HO) flouresant lighting. The T5 means the size. I believe it means the bulb is 5/8th's thick. i just added them to my tank and could not be happier. Stronger than normal flour. bulbs and competative to metal halides when used with individual reflectors I am told.
This will probably spark a huge debate. Barry

cjason3041

cool thanks... i have a 55 FOWLR, and a 29 biocube reef .. i am going to start a 150 reef this summer...confused on T-5 or MH....trying to do my rersearch on this one

hot883

MH are the best but heat up the tank and also can seriously affect your electrical usuage. Thats why I went T5. Barry

wilsonreef

Originally Posted by hot883
T5's are High Output (HO) flouresant lighting. The T5 means the size. I believe it means the bulb is 5/8th's thick. i just added them to my tank and could not be happier. Stronger than normal flour. bulbs and competative to metal halides when used with individual reflectors I am told.
This will probably spark a huge debate. Barry
Barry,
What I've noticed around here (we have a local reef club here in Jonesboro, Arkansas) is that t-5's are really quite awesome. I could show you some of the tanks here that have T-5's only that have some of the best looking coral's you could imagine. I use MH's on my 75 along with pc's (pc's I am growing to dislike) but on my 125 that I am currently working on to put in a wall, I will use the t-5's exclusively, because of what I've seen around here.

hot883

Originally Posted by wilsonreef
Barry,
What I've noticed around here (we have a local reef club here in Jonesboro, Arkansas) is that t-5's are really quite awesome. I could show you some of the tanks here that have T-5's only that have some of the best looking coral's you could imagine. I use MH's on my 75 along with pc's (pc's I am growing to dislike) but on my 125 that I am currently working on to put in a wall, I will use the t-5's exclusively, because of what I've seen around here.
I could not agree more. Barry