T-mobile users

well i have somewhat of a problem, i currently have tmobile which was fine when i lived in town but i now have had to move back home after being in the hospital which is out more in the country where tmobile has NO coverage, i dont think my contract is up and do not feel like paying $150+ to get out of my contract and i was wondering if i told tmobile my situation if i could get out of the contract without the fees?
if anyone has had a situation like this or happens to know more about it i would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by suspectcobra
http:///forum/post/3074070
well i have somewhat of a problem, i currently have tmobile which was fine when i lived in town but i now have had to move back home after being in the hospital which is out more in the country where tmobile has NO coverage, i dont think my contract is up and do not feel like paying $150+ to get out of my contract and i was wondering if i told tmobile my situation if i could get out of the contract without the fees?
if anyone has had a situation like this or happens to know more about it i would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Typically you can talk your way out of the cancellation fee, if you are moving to an area where there is no coverage. If their coverage models don't include that address they'll just say no problem and let you go. The problem is their models are a little more generous than they really are....

coastie81

I have had t-mobile and I am in the military and when I moved to puerto rico, they did not have t-mobile here but my phone picked up the ATT tower and I never had any extra charges. When I called t mobile and said they have no service here and they asked me if I would like to cance my contract and get the fee waived because it is something that is not my fault. I asked them if bouncing off an ATT tower is alright and not going to charge me extra and they said no. So I just told them that I will keep the phone then. Then about a year later t-mobile is not on the island. Moral of the story is don't be afraid to ask. You never know if you dont ask them.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by coastie81
http:///forum/post/3074318
I have had t-mobile and I am in the military and when I moved to puerto rico, they did not have t-mobile here but my phone picked up the ATT tower and I never had any extra charges. When I called t mobile and said they have no service here and they asked me if I would like to cance my contract and get the fee waived because it is something that is not my fault. I asked them if bouncing off an ATT tower is alright and not going to charge me extra and they said no. So I just told them that I will keep the phone then. Then about a year later t-mobile is not on the island. Moral of the story is don't be afraid to ask. You never know if you dont ask them.
you got lucky, they run programs in their system designed to find people using too much roaming. Then they'll terminate the phone.