T5 bulb combo

breeze

i have a 6 x 54 watt fixture 3 10k and 3 460nm actinics
i want to change the bulbs so the colors of the corals pop but still have good growth
so what combo do you think would work best?
i'v heard 14k gives good color

scottminot

I have a 8x54 unit and use the following combo and it looks great.
Front
ATI Blue Plus
uvl 75/25
ATI Pro Color
ATI Blue Plus
UVL Aquasun
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue
ATI Blue Plus

nycbob

somthing has to give. u cant hv both good growth and awesome colors. u can try the 420nm t5.

reefraff

Originally Posted by breeze
http:///forum/post/2560393
i have a 6 x 54 watt fixture 3 10k and 3 460nm actinics
i want to change the bulbs so the colors of the corals pop but still have good growth
so what combo do you think would work best?
i'v heard 14k gives good color
Try this
Front
ATI Blue Plus (or Giesemann Actinic Plus)
UVL Super Actinic (Alt. UVL 75/25)
UVL Aquasun
Blue Plus
Aquasun (ALT. ATI Pro Color)
Blue Plus
The Alternate combo will give the tank a warmer look, meaning the purple coraline in the rock will pop more as will pink and purple critters in your tank. The cast of the light will be a buit purple. I personally like the look but it isn't for everyone.

drex

anyone willing to post pictures of their bulb setup ? the combos you just named off to give everyone examples? im looking for the same answer

reefraff

I really need to spend some time with the camera to try to get a setting that will accuratly show the color. Right now running 4 blue pluses, a procolor. actinic and a UVL 75/25 I get a look much like a tank I saw with 14K halides and VHO Actinics.

nycbob

i am currently using 3 white and 3 460nm. i just ordered 3 ati bulbs (12k blue and 1 ati pro color) to replace my 3 420nm. i figure my 3 actinic need to be replaced anyway, so i might as well get more colors for my sps, clams and zoas.