T5 bulb suggestions

gio28

i have a 36 gallon tank that i plan on stocking with corals soon. i just got a 150watt MH and i love the look of the phoenix 14K bulb...but i want some more light for my corals. i was looking into T5, which is clearly the best option for supplementing MHs. i want one on each side of the MH.
im looking for bulbs that will really bring out the fluorescence in my corals and have great PAR. in particular i was looking at ATI bulbs...they have a few different types and im not sure which to choose. any opinions on what types...or different brands?
the criteria i have...is if the bulbs could:
-supplement the nice look of a phoenix 14K
-really bring out the fluorescence in my corals
-give a crisp blue look
any ideas? thanks in advance.

lil.guppy

I have the Nova Extreme Pro and I like this set up because it gives me good purple and blue hues on my dawn and dusk set up
ATI Blue Plus
Giesemann Aqua Blue+
Aqua Science Special 15000 K ---- (using) UV 75.25
Giesemann Midday

[hr]
(using) GE Starcoat
Giesemann Aqua Blue+
ATI Blue Plus.
The Aqua Science and Giesemann Midday were substitutes for a UV 75.25 and GE Starcoat respectively because the place I ordered from were out of those
All about $120 worth of new lights but waaaaay worth it!

gio28

Originally Posted by lil.guppy
http:///forum/post/3117109
I have the Nova Extreme Pro and I like this set up because it gives me good purple and blue hues on my dawn and dusk set up
ATI Blue Plus
Giesemann Aqua Blue+
Aqua Science Special 15000 K ---- (using) UV 75.25
Giesemann Midday

[hr]
(using) GE Starcoat
Giesemann Aqua Blue+
ATI Blue Plus.
The Aqua Science and Giesemann Midday were substitutes for a UV 75.25 and GE Starcoat respectively because the place I ordered from were out of those
All about $120 worth of new lights but waaaaay worth it!
that setup seems like it would give you great lighting on your tank! i would have have gone with 4-5 T5 lights similar to the kind of bulbs and setup you have...if i had not found such a good deal on my MH. so im thinking that the ATI Blue Plus would be your actinic lights? could you let me know whichever one gives you the the good purple/blue dawn/dusk? and which,if you know, gives you good fluorescence?

cdposey26

I would go with the ATI blue plus, great par and great blue if you are looking for a bluer look to your tank.

gio28

sweet, i think i am gonna go with two ATI Blue Plus. i just need to find a good retro kit or do it totally DIY. my reflectors can only be 2" wide though...so i'll have to find the brand that sells those.