T5 Help

jmart64

I have some questions about my T5 setup and need some expert advice. I have a standard 125 gallon (20" tall) with a 6X80 T5 retro in the canopy. I am over driving with the Icecap ballasts and the bulbs sit about 4.5" off the water with fans blowing across the ends of the bulbs. I was running my lights in the following configuration with one set of 3 bulbs for 8 hours and the second set for 4 hours
Blue Plus
Blue Plus
Aqua Blue
Fiji Purple
Blue Plus
Blue Plus
I have been having some trouble with cyano and some die off of my coraline. I had a consultation done and and was told that I may have too much light. I only have a handful of corals at this point but am trying to move more from fish to corals. All of my water parameters are great, so I assume it is a light issue. I have considered replacing 2 of the Blue Plus with Actinics to reduce the PAR. But after reading some of the configurations on here I am questioning that...
Can someone help here?
Thanks!
Joe

nycbob

i doubt the light is the issue with ur cyano problem. btw, t5 bulbs should be changed every 18 months. cyano is caused by excess nutrients and lack of flow. what kind of equipments r u running?

J

jstdv8

i had cyano, increased the flow and it was all dead in two days