T5 Lighting Question

coastie5685

I am looking to purchase some lighting for a 24" wide 20 gallon aquarium. dont plan on keeping to many corals.
its the Current USA Nova Extreme T5HOx 2 lighting... 24" 2x24 watt lighting should this be good?

nycbob

they r ok if all u plan to keep r softies, shrooms and zoas. u wont get much color though. try to get the t5 with 4 bulbs.

pezenfuego

+1.
I have the 30" 4X24 watt. 2 actinics. I love it. I mean, I would definitely recommend that over the other. With a 20 gallon tank, it isn't terribly expensive. If I were you I'd save up, unless (as nycbob said) you only want soft corals.
Good Luck

coastie5685

thanks for the advice... and yes definately only softies and maybe some anemones that require not sooo much light... but i will look into it.

pezenfuego

You could probably get away with a bubble-tip anemone if you go with the 4X24 watt individually reflected t5ho. However, in a tank that small, it would have to be just the anemone, the clownfish (assuming you want it to host), a cuc, and another fish fish or two.
It's debatable whether or not having an anemone in that size tank is appropriate.

coastie5685

yeah lol i understand... i am planning on moving this rock flower anemone to the 20 gal from the bc14 when i finish setting it up and runnin it for a while... its getting to big on me in there..