T5- Lighting

T

trimmer156

How Many Watts Of T-5 Ligthing Would It Take To Keep Sps And Clams In A 37 Gallon (22" Deep ) Tank
I Know That T-5 Have 92.6 Lumens Per Watt, Are There Any Other Charts Or Comparisons Out There??
I'd Like To Know The Equivalent In Mh Or Vho Lighting
P.s. I'm Looking At A 6x24w T-5 Retro (total Watts 144)
Anybody With T-5 's Out Their, Id Liek To Know What You Think Of Your Lights

fanker

The response was deleted due to posting of a hobby related commercial site which is in violation of our sites policy. Please feel free to discuss equipment but refrain from posting links to sources.

T

trimmer156

thanks for the reply!!
how many watts on what size and depth tank??

nm reef

There is a lot of experienced based info available on t-5 lighting on-line...I've never used them myself...never even seen them in person...but I do know they have become popular and many hobbyists report success with them. I'm not sure how effective they'd be for clams and sps type corals but maybe members here can provide some positive input without posting links to commercial sources which is a violation of our sites policy.

rujelus22

I have 216 watt VHO t-5's on a 55 gallon and have 2 anemones that have been doing great now for the past 6 months, they were bleached when I got them but now have all of there color back. Here is a picture of my tank with those lights and my anemones

carshark

well just with the 144 watts i would say you would need double that to be successful with most clams, however the T-5 is an excellent choice. they have the diameter of a nickel. i run 2x54 watt 48 in plus 1 400 watt MH 20,000K and i can keep anything./

fanker

t-5s are very good lights and can grow any thing. at a certain site a guy had 8-54w t-5s on a 300g tank and wasable to grow anything. i have t-5s and i love them. heres a web site . they have HO t-5s right now half off
email me for the site

nanahugs

I love my T5's. I run 156 watts on my 40G. I have a BTA that is doing great. I also have frogspawn and a flowerpot coral that is also doing great, they were placed midway up my tank.
I love how cool my bulbs run and the fact that my unit has the fans inside that blow the heat out. I have also not noticed a difference in my electric bill either, and my lights run for 12 hours a day.

T

trimmer156

thanks for all the replys!!! i think i am going to go with the t-5's 6x24w = 144w t5 ho
this will definitly allow me to keep softies, and lps, hoping for sps and anenomes.

T

trimmer156

hey fanker, your email is turned off, or i am not going to the right place. How do i email you??