T5 users Post pics of your reefs!

wattsupdoc

Id like to see some pics of your T5 Reef. Please post descripytion of what your running!
Heres one of mine for starters.
4 - 10,000K 39 watt T5 ho's and 4 - 39 watt T5 super actinics.

wangotango

i dont mean to hijack, but now that i actually found some T5 users, what is your opinion of them? good for everything or not?

niger12

This is my old tank. I was running on 6 T5 24 watt. Small tank but the corals did well and had decent color.

ecohippie

Originally Posted by WangoTango
i dont mean to hijack, but now that i actually found some T5 users, what is your opinion of them? good for everything or not?
I am very impressed with the T5's. I have not tried keeping any of the species that reportedly only survive under halides. It is hard for me to believe that the intensity that I get from these lights cannot handle them. All of my softies are thriving and spreading at an amazing rate. I am definitely going to give a clam a try in the near future, since that seems to be the gauge at how good the lights are. I have a feeling that in a few years, T5's will be as highly regarded as halides. That's my two cents.
K

fishieness

Originally Posted by morales67
prolly a stupid ?
wats t5?i thought it wasa flourescent light measure

it is a type of lighting system just like VHO, NO florecent, MH, PC. It is just another type. t5 is the size of the bulb.

puffer32

Originally Posted by ecohippie
I am very impressed with the T5's. I have not tried keeping any of the species that reportedly only survive under halides. It is hard for me to believe that the intensity that I get from these lights cannot handle them. All of my softies are thriving and spreading at an amazing rate. I am definitely going to give a clam a try in the near future, since that seems to be the gauge at how good the lights are. I have a feeling that in a few years, T5's will be as highly regarded as halides. That's my two cents.
K
I agree!
No full tank shots, but heres my tank with T5's

wangotango

if theyre close in intensity as halides, i should be able to do some of the SPS, i have a montipora cap. thats doubled in size under my VHO (i want to find a retrofit for 2 T5 bulbs to squeeze in). and sugestions?
sorry again for the hijacking

threed240

What would be a good setup for a 55? I've been looking at the odyssea MH setups, but I dont know if T5, or VHO would could match the output. Id like to keep it under $400.

bbb

Originally Posted by WangoTango
if theyre close in intensity as halides, i should be able to do some of the SPS, i have a montipora cap. thats doubled in size under my VHO (i want to find a retrofit for 2 T5 bulbs to squeeze in). and sugestions?
sorry again for the hijacking
Looking at your profile I'm assuming it's a standard 55 gallon
http://www.reeftanklighting.com/shop...cts.asp?page=2
Scroll down and they have 2-54 watt 47" retrofit for 125.95

fanker

get some Tek t-5s im getting a 4-54w for my 55 and grim said ill bealbe to keep sps. and maybe a clam at the very top.