Take A Look At What I Have In My Tank Give Some Advice

rayraypico

I HAVE READ IN MANY POST DIVERSITY IS WHAT YOU NEED IN A CLEANUP CREW. HOW DO YOU THINK I AM DOING? WHAT DO I NEED MORE OF. IS THEIR SOMETHING IN THEIR I SHOULD NOT HAVE.
ONE SEPERATE QUESTION I HAVE 10 RED LEG HERMITS AND 5 BLUE LEG HERMITS WHY IS IT THAT I CAN ALWAYS FIND THE BLUE LEG HERMITS BUT CANNOT FIND THE RED LEG HERMITS??

y2says

You can get them here at the U-Build it section.
PS...please use lower case...easier to read. Thanks.

clarkiiboi

Ok, I am by no means an expert. But you could add to your diversity. I personally am not fond of crabs, so I cant answer there. IMO, get more snails---cerith, nass, magaritas, conchs, etc. Again, I'm not much on crabs, but dont forget about emerald crabs. HTH, and bumps ya for better info.
20 TURBOS
5 BLUE LEG HERMITS
2 SALLYLIGHT FOOT CRABS
3 PEPERMINT SHRIMP
10 RED LEG HERMITS

hondo

Definitely add more snails.
Get some
cerith 10
Margaritas 10
Trochas 10
Nassarius 10 - 15 (if you have a snad bed)
A couple of fighting conch
Stometella 10
I know what you mean by never seeing the red legs. mine seem to somehow get in between and under rocks somehow. I start to think they are all dead or gone and then move a rock and find 3 or 4 under or around it eating the detrious.
Don't forget the smaller and sometimes more important cleaners like bristle Worms, mini brittle stars, spegetti worms (sp), and pods. Make sure your tanks has a healthly population of these also.

rayraypico

WHERE DO YOU GET THESE WORMS. I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYONE SELLING THEM. AND WHAT DO THEY FEED ON. HOW WILL THEY BENEFIT THE TANK
THANKS FOR THE INFO

dfishh

if u have a sand bed, its easy for snails to clean it. also, the redlegs r more nocturnal than the blus. they both come out more at nite, but the blus do work during the day, while the reds usually just sit around in the day. any way, if ur talking about the spageti worms, theyr not sold, they usually come on lr as like hitchhikers.
DAVE