Taking pics of Reef?

dek196

I want to take some good quality pics of my tanks, but my camera is old and outdated. I was wondering what digital cameras you good photographers have been using, Canon, Olympus, Kodak? I want the smaller thin style ones, comparable to my Elph. Any input is appreciated. Donnie ***)

ctgretzky9

Any good digi camera will work fine. I use a sony 5.1 mp, model dsc-w5.
I havent taken anything lately.
It isnt so much the camera, as it is learning on what settings to use to get the proper pictures.

oceana

we love canon. i use a Canon Powershot S2 IS,
nice camera. can can be found for only around 500.00
i love the pics it takes. but also as said above the camera is only half the battle. taking digital pics is really nothing like 35 mm. but thats the beauty of digital. you can snap away all you want until you get it right.
with that said however the above camera sure makes it easy for close up with a 0cm focus. yes thats right 0! this camera can focus on dirt on the lense. great macro features
try to get as much Standard zoom as you can. digital zoom is worthless. every tiem you zoom in digitaly you will notice you can take more pictures. this IS NOT becasue your picture quality is getting better!!

cheapfish1

get an slr, you will be so happy later on when you dont have to upgrade again. I bought the nikon d70 2 years ago and love it. i take it everywhere its alot of fun,takes great pictures and gets you into a whole new hobby.
just my .02
mike

dek196

cheapfish1 said:
get an slr, you will be so happy later on when you dont have to upgrade again. I bought the nikon d70 2 years ago and love it. i take it everywhere its alot of fun,takes great pictures and gets you into a whole new hobby.
just my .02
mike[/QUOTE
Well I had a Mavica, way old school and I upgraded my PC to XP. I called Sony and they don't make my Mavica software for XP, she said they don't support that platform, I said so what do I do, she says ummmmm I don't know! I said well thank you very little. Oh well technology strikes again!