Talk about blennies

spiderwoman

I lost our Black Sailfin Blenny in a tank move, he either got crushed by a rock in the tub or I didn't have enough flow in the tub for the night or levels went up. He has disappeared inside a rock so I couldn't put him in the QT like the other fish from the same tank.
Anyways, I have a Midas Blenny on order for the 75g tank. I'd love to have 2 Blennies there but from what I remember, more than one per tank is not recommended. If 2 are suitable, what would go with Midas (bright yellow with slight green/orange in it).
150g tank is still under cycle and I haven't even thought about what Blenny will go there. The BSB was meant to go there
that guy had some serious personality.

spiderwoman

The more I read my fish book, different type of Blennies might work if they are from different families
The 2 others that I'm thinking are Starry Blenny and Ocellated Dragonet Blenny.

al mc

Spider...I have had a Midas and LMB in the same 175 g tank for about a year
with no problems. the Midas is a great jumper and survived a journey from DT thru a 1.5" drain into the sump/refugium. My IQ is lower than his, but he taught me to cover the overflow box with plastic screen.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Al Mc
http:///forum/post/2647707
Spider...I have had a Midas and LMB in the same 175 g tank for about a year
with no problems. the Midas is a great jumper and survived a journey from DT thru a 1.5" drain into the sump/refugium. My IQ is lower than his, but he taught me to cover the overflow box with plastic screen.
Cool fish for sure and so beautiful. Very difficult to find these days. I will cover both the top of the tank and the overflow for sure!

K

kikithemermaid

Originally Posted by Luca Brasi
http:///forum/post/2647953
This seems to work for me. I have a lmb and a flametail in a 24

They get along? I have a 29 gallon with a flametail blenny and LMB have always been my favorite but I heard you shouldn't have two blennies unless you have a large tank. I so want one!

luca brasi

Originally Posted by kikithemermaid
http:///forum/post/2648191
They get along? I have a 29 gallon with a flametail blenny and LMB have always been my favorite but I heard you shouldn't have two blennies unless you have a large tank. I so want one!
So far so good

T

tizzo

I have a starry, and although he's still in QT, he acts just like a puppy. He knows when food is coming and everything. I love that little guy, he's so stinkin cute!
If your overflows provide easy access they will go in and out at will, but if they hafta jump then yeah, cover the overflow.
Old pic of my LMB...

K

kikithemermaid

Tizzo you have a starry?? Pics?
And aww, I love your baby LMB! Did he die?

T

tizzo

No he didn't die, I had to give him away when I moved. Pics of the starry... Well, he went through a bacterial infection, and I have pics of that
here, but I'll see if I can get some healthy pics.
He's still in a tupperware bin so it's hard to get a shot, and if I catch him to put him in glass, he get's all PO'ed and his colors fade.
But I'll try.

spiderwoman

Sorry you lost him Tizzo

That Midas was a difficult fish to find. I placed an order for it in 2 different sites and both ended up calling me that they were out of stock. Finally just now found another location and so far haven't gotten a call. Fingers crossed.
Also found a Starry and should get it tomorrow YAYAYA

T

touchthesky00

i am looking for a midas blenny too! but why do they seem so impossible to find lately. none of the fish stores around me have one in or can get one

T

touchthesky00

spiderwoman, could you pm me about the "location" of where you found the midas?

spiderwoman

I'll let you know shortly. I want to be sure they actually have them.
I believe those Blennies are not available for the distributors as plentiful as other Blennies. My 2 LFS's hasn't been able to locate a single one for a few month.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2650261
Sorry you lost him Tizzo

No no, spidey. What I meant was that they only pics I have are of him with that infection. He has since recovered and is happy and healthy, but he is still in QT.
Here's a pic I just took since my last post on this thread.

T

tizzo

But as I said, it's hard to get a good one from the top.

Until he's in the DT, this is all I got.