Talk about TICKED!!!

jacklax

I have 2 GSMs, 2 Pajama Cardinals and a Coral Beauty in a 75 Gal reef. Recently the female GSM (about 4 inches long) has been hosting 2 large clumps of Xenia. She is a VERY happy camper when they are out...but as soon as they retract she really gets TICKED. So bad, that she grabs the Xenia and tries pulling it back out. That being the case...I have a gradually diminishing supply of handles (Xenia polyps) for her to grab. Is placing her in "time out" (aka the QT) a viable option as I attempt to correct this behaviour?

fishy7

not sure if that will work, but try getting a GBTA or LTA? she might not be so bad,,,...,,,., :thinking:

saltn00b

more options might help, by encouraging her to change her mind, but there in lies the problem. my GSM hosted 2 feather dusters - eventually killing the two of them in a like manner as yours - before i moved to my new reef set up. i had a BTA in there for about a week before he finally decided to stop looking for feather dusters and leave the little 'territory' and host that.
go noles!

T

thomas712

Watch out, it's a female, check for fish tracks in the moring and lock up the knives! or she will put you in time out...

Have you thought about getting a plastic anemone? :thinking:

jacklax

Good idea...I have 322 watts of pc lighting on a 75...so I'm not comfortable getting a live anemone. The plastic variety may be my best bet...or I could use this as an excuse to upgrade my lighting... :thinking:

jacklax

Now...I've managed to "sneak" a few things into the tank...the old "hitchhiker" excuse has really come in handy...but adding some new lights would be a bit tough. But...adding the new lights would certainly get me in trouble...then I could sleep on the sofa and watch the tank all night.

N

n_sarno

Originally Posted by Thomas712
Have you thought about getting a plastic anemone? :thinking:
Its interesting that you say that, because I had never heard of it before.. but my tank first started out as a FOWLR but I got bored so I bought fake corals.. rubber ones and shortly after my perc started hosting one of them and I thought he was crazy! Didn't know that they will actually do that if nothing else is available! He is now in a reef tank and hosting in some green shrooms... I need to get this poor fish an anemone already! lol I'm looking into getting a RBTA
sry about the thread hijacking