Talk me out of it!

mrdc

Originally Posted by Wesa
Tell you what, the secret to keeping the blue hippo or any other tang clean is make sure you have cleaner shrimp. They end up being best friends & amusing besides the shrimp taking care of the other fish. As I read it you have a 125 tank so our 'friend' who's calling for the tang police needs to reread what was said. My 'Dori' has done very well in my 125 for the last few years & the shrimp have kept her clean as a whistle. She had ICK pretty bad when I rescued her. She is the queen of the tank & very darn healthy besides fat & sassy.

Sorry I did not see the 125 part so maybe the two larger fishies will be ok. And I agree on the cleaner shrimp and Dori. Mine had ich several times and I kept taking her out of the tank and QT her. I knew the main tank still had ich but I could not catch the rest of the fish and I didn't feel like breaking the tank down plus my QT tank is too small to handle all the fish. Anyway, I finally gave up and put Dori in the main tank along with 2 cleaner shrimps. She has been clean for 2 months. I know ich is still in the tank but I hope that I can keep her and the rest of the fish healthy enough to keep the ich in check. Oh and my neon gobies helped with the cleaning.