Tampa Bay Saltwater

sterling007

Has anyone bought LR from Tampa Bay Saltwater? They advertise that they harvest the rock from an area that they have leased and that they have been cultivating their rock since 1996. The pics look good, but just wondering if anyone here has bought from them.

There have been many post regarding TBS LR, just do a search and there may be some in the archives. But , Yes, I have puchased 120# of LR from them over 3 years ago and I really was/am happy with it. It is covered with life, but it comes uncured, so expect to go through a major cycle. Just about a month ago I saw a critter that I had never seen before then. It is great finding new stuff all the time. Be aware that you may also get some mantis shrimp along with it since it is uncured and taken directly from the water..I got a couple and it took me a few months to finally catch them. They were small when I got them, but they grew pretty rapidly.

blondenaso1

I have purchased LR from them. I would have to say that there is more life on that rock then any other. The prices are good, but the only downfalls are 1. The rock is heavier then most others, 2. I have heard that it contains Silica, but I myself have not had any problems as result, and 3. the rock does sometimes come with unwanted hitchhikers. Overall, I think it is good rock and you would definately be happy with it.

striker

I haven't ordered from tampa bay but have heard that on occasion you will inherit a mantis shrimp. Aquacultured lr is gorgeous but does weigh heavier than others. I ordered from Gulf-view and would definitely recommend them. I received 3 starfish, several crabs and snails, 2 urchins and a small open brain along with it. I haven't order from swfish.com but have heard plenty of good things about it. I have received corals and inverts from them and they were great. Check the archives and you'll find a lot of info regarding this topic.