tang + 75 gallon tank = possible?

kayak385

What tangs are available for a 75 gallon.
I have seen the minimum tank requirements on websites, and I take the usual rule of doubling that number.
What are some tangs and pictures of the them that will do well in a 75 gallon tank.
This tank also includes a flame angel, 2xgreen chromis, and a coral banded shrimp with 5 snails.

kayak385

so in other words I'll have to buy a 150 for the tang, the 75 gallon I have turn into a mangrove chamber, and the sump into the refugium it is turning into now.

renogaw

i had this same conversation. i got a kole tang which should do fine. plus a yellow should do fine, purple iffy.

hatessushi

I got a Kole tang in my 90 and does fine. My actual water usage is more like 75 since it's a uniquarium which means the sump/refugium is part of the tanks.

kayak385

from what I see on this site, 90 gallons is the size for the kole. I know i said before that every site is different and every lfs is different but I don't want the fish to be confined more than needed. I just wish you could attach tanks like gerbal cages with little tubes... lol, now wouldn't that be the day!

ci11337

Originally Posted by kayak385
from what I see on this site, 90 gallons is the size for the kole. I know i said before that every site is different and every lfs is different but I don't want the fish to be confined more than needed. I just wish you could attach tanks like gerbal cages with little tubes... lol, now wouldn't that be the day!
You can, theres a thread on here somwhere...

gmidd

Food for thought. You take a Tang from his home of 100+ square miles of Reefs and throw him in a tank, do you think he'll notice the difference of a 125 gal or 75 gal...

kayak385

Gmidd... smartbutt, of course... hehe, I'm just wondering if my tank has enough room for him to be accomedated in a tank.
If I had my way I would have a 2000gallon tank but the budget doesn't allow it.

murph

Just use a little common sense in regards to tangs.
Most LFS tangs are juveniles and can be obtained at a vary small size. Some as small as a quarter. When bought at this size they can be easily kept in tanks 75 gal and up for a few years or more. On the other hand an adult tang, of most any sub species, nearing dinner plate size will look out of place in even a six foot tank.
When the time comes, finding a suitable home for a well established adult tang in a large commercial or LFS display is the only alternative for most home aquarium keeper.

renogaw

Originally Posted by Gmidd
Food for thought. You take a Tang from his home of 100+ square miles of Reefs and throw him in a tank, do you think he'll notice the difference of a 125 gal or 75 gal...

i;m sorry, but that can be said of ANY fish that is not tank bred that is in anyone's tank.

keith burn

with good rock work imo most of them will go good in the 75g put all rock in the middly of the tank and thay will go around and around with the sides opn it is like 6 1/2 ft as the fish swim.but you must have v good sump with lr in it and skimmer with less lr thay must pick the slack.(all is jmo)

cjason3041

well the tang police will disagree, but i have had a sailfin in a 55g for almost 1 year... i am putting together my 150 now...but he is ok
jason

kayak385

hrm... I wonder what I should get, there is a flame angel and 2 green chromis with a coral banded shrimp... what would not get too aggresive but be able to deal with the flame angel being in there first?

socko6774

well i have a tiny little blue hippo in my 30 g tank for about the past 4 months, :scared: ***) was given to me. hes been doin great in there, looks way better than the day i got him. I plan on upgrading to a 90 soon though.