tang/algae/vitamins

kibe

Interested in remarks about feeding tangs.Have a healthy yellow that's been in my tank (55) almost 2 weeks.Where do I find the vitamins discussed in a recent query? Where do I also find seaweed and natural foods like this?So far this fellow is eating everything I've offered (frozen brine plue, romaine, formula 2), butlost a hippo last year because of diet, I think, and don't want to lose another one.

imperator

I like using a couple of things. Try Selcon by American Marine as a vitamin, it works great. So does Zoe by Kent. To use either of these just add them to the food you are about to give and let it soak for awhile. I also like romaine, especially when your are in a small town, and nothing else is available on a regular basis. If you want any of the dried seaweed foods or the vitamins, try That Pet Place. They are a retail chain out of PA. I have used them for over 4 years now, and love them. They have a web site, but the catalog is much better. For web address just put the standard www./.com. They sell pet suplies too. The Selcon is also available direct from AM. Marine. As far as adding fresh calupera, good luck finding it. Even when I was in a larger city , I found it difficult to find. If you would like some more info. on other mail order/internet companies, plez ask. I have a great list.

youbetyourwrasse

Hi Kibe.
I order Selcon (fatty acid supplement) and Zoe (vitamins) plus dried seaweed selects (from Ocean Nutrition) and Julian Sprung's Sea-Veggies from www.petwhse.com.
They also have a paper catalog that's fun to shop from when you can't be online.
Regards,
Darlene.