Tang compatibility - Sailfin and ?

palmer

I've got a Sailfin tang, not a Red Sea, and I'd like to add one of the following:
Powder Blue
Purple
Achilles
Powder Brown
Which of these would be the best fit with the Sailfin?
My Seabae is getting huge!
Thanks

J

jcrim

The sailfin and purple tang will probably fight unless you have a very large tank. I would also expect the powder blue, achilles and powder brown to fight unless they were bought together or housed in a large tank.

67rustang

I Have A Purple That Is Much Smaller Than My Sailfin. At First They Stressed Each Other Out And Got Ich. Now They Seem To Get Along. The Purple Was Paired With A Yellow In Its Former Tank.

67rustang

Forgot To Add They Are In A 150 Gal Bowfront With 175 Lbs Of Live Rock With Many Hiding Places For The Purple. The Sailfin Is So Big She Has Limited Hiding Places.

dogstar

Your bio says you have a 54 gl. and with that being the only imfomation then I would recomend against it.
I have a sail in with a purple as well as three other spcs. of tangs and there is no problems but there in a 180 gl. tank. The spcs. you listed are very sensitive ones and like most tangs very pronge to ICK if placed in too stressfull conditions such as too small of a tank, ect.

palmer

...54 gal bowfront with about 70 lbs of live rock...
Thanks guys. He'll be the lone tang of the tank then.....

E

exile415

he shouldn't even be in that tank. he should be in a 125 or larger. i'm not trying to be mean, but its the truth.

jojogeno

Another expert that says a sailfin should be in a 120g or more... Is your sailfin happy? Mine is and he is definelty not in a 120g or more. I would definelty not get another tang though.....

bird dog

The Powder Brown and Purple I have are ok after they spared a bit when Brown was added. I also have in another tank with a Powder Blue, Yellow Tang and Blue tang and all are happy.