Tang Compatibility

garybusey

Right now In my 135Gallon I have a Red Sea Tang who is in their and is fully established. However, I am Taking down my 90G reef tank putting it in the 135Gallon tank. However, I have a Yellow tang in the tank(90g), I would like to put in the 135. Would it work? Or would the 2 tangs fight to the death? I don't want to lose the Rea Sea Salfin Tang....... Whadda Think? Thanks For the Input!
EDIT: Sorry I am An Idiot I Put this in the wrong Forum...

tjswanson

A 135g. tank is a pretty good sized tank. I mixed a lot of tangs in my day. If they are going to get along you will need to rearrange your rock a little bit and add the yellow and sailfin at the same time, quite possibley even adding the yellow a few minutes before the sailfin.

marineman

I went into a lfs and saw 7 different types of tangs sharing a 300g tank peacefully. Owner said he added the least aggressive 1st let him get established then would add the next least aggressive type. I have 4 tangs in my 175g and they chase each other now and then but no major aggression. I have a purple, yellow, naso and clown tangs, but i do think a big tank helps with lots of caves.