Tang diet

Shilpan

Hey guys, just added my first Tang, a white cheek Tang. I have a 400L set up (around 100 gallons, 4.3 feet swimming length and open rock-work).
During quarantine I fed half a sheet of green nori each day for grazing (man he eats a lot I had to water change every 3 days!!!), some mysis every 3rd day and some Seachem Chlorella flakes each day (one pinch). I think it's nearing adult size.

Would you guys change or add anything to this diet? I've seen him nibbling away at the live rock in my display constantly since adding him. My LFS said I should also buy red and brown algae sheets to mix it up and some veggie frozen herbivore mix to mix in with the frozen meaty food eat day for feeding. Do I need all that? I feel like that's a bit excessive and they're just trying to make a sale.

Thank you in advance

P.s. what do you guys think of Chlorella flakes? Seachem claims it's a 'complete' herbivore diet for freshwater and marine fish which is apparently superior to spirulina...? Sounds too good to be true.

jay0705

I have 4 tangs. I use purple and green dried seaweed 2-3 times a week. Daily is frozen spirulina brine,mysis, hikari mega marine algae. Once a month i give them live macro algae

Shilpan

Ah ok so as long as there is live rock to nibble on I don't have to provide nori to graze on every single day?
And thank you I might get some different colored seaweed then.