Tang Fight Video!!!

reefreak29

Originally Posted by 30-xtra high
are you saying you've never seen tanks with a cuple yellows doing just fine? :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure:
nope

fbm

Originally Posted by baytran7
Tangs are like women, they fight over rocks. Biggest one usually wins.

durgeonman

Originally Posted by acrylic300
Thank!!!
They are fighting over this new live rock I put in...all fights revolve around it....its about a 10 gal area in a 300 gal tank.

I've raised all the fish from babies...when they were young they did some serious damage. Now they are mostly putting on a show.
Sorry if I offended anyone...this is not the normal behavior. The rock is making them greedy.
have you considered removing the rock so they dont fight so much?

psusocr1

not a cool video, but i agree tangs will fight, it seems like you have a big enough tank but you need to find the problem why they are fighting...i have alot of large tangs that used to do similiar things. (i.e chase each other around) but once you find the problem they fight anymore..

reef diver

Originally Posted by acrylic300
Thank!!!
They are fighting over this new live rock I put in...all fights revolve around it....its about a 10 gal area in a 300 gal tank.

I've raised all the fish from babies...when they were young they did some serious damage. Now they are mostly putting on a show.
Sorry if I offended anyone...this is not the normal behavior. The rock is making them greedy.
Sorry I flamed, now it makes sense. Wen I added a new coral today my brand new fish, and the old ones went at it! Now it is entertaining, because we know that 1. its not normal behavior, 2. it will be relatively short lived.

lazypinoy

good one! :hilarious. wow, i never really noticed that people actually cared for fish as they do dogs and other pets. to me there like swimming money and i dont want to lose it.

team2jndd

its a territorial fight. Who cares? Theyll stop. If you notice, they all look healthy. No harm done. Nice tank.

royal gang

...women are human beings you old mindless fool

kjord97

Originally Posted by 30-xtra high
are you saying you've never seen tanks with a cuple yellows doing just fine? :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :notsure:

Originally Posted by reefreak29

nope

well then i guess these tangs that i never see fight are an exception
2 pics below, 1 of yellow tangs in the wild and the other of them in a aquarium. yellow tangs are very social fish. Fighting is a way to establish dominance status.
nice tank setup and some cool fish in there.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Find a another site for this type of stuff. Not appropriate for SWF.com.