Tang Fish Tank Size?

lionfish

LionFish says.....
Since I am now getting prepared for a new tank I would like to have a Tang in the tank to control the algea problem. I would like to know what the minimum size a tank has to be for a tang to be happy in. Preferably I would like a Regal Blue Hippo Tang. The tank I am planning on purchasing in a week or two will be a 50 gallon tank. The tankmates will be a Six-Line Wrasse, Bangaii Cardinal,Pair of Percula Clowns, Flame Angel, and a Royal Gramma. Too much fish for the tank? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lionfish

LionFish says.....
Well, I figured that hte Tang would be a bit hard to keep. I have been in the hobby for a number of years and understand that tangs are not easy to care for but I am up for the challenge. ANYONE OUT THERE? COME ON GUYS GIVE ME SOME HELP HERE... I NEED SOME ADVISE.I want a suggestion of a Tang that is relatively hardy and has nice color. I DO NOT WANT A SCOPAS TANG... I CAN'T SAY THAT ENOUGH. Seriously, though is this too many fish for a 50 gallon tank?

jimi

Lionfish a chevron tang would be your best bet. They are very colorful, dont get too big and built for eating algae although I would not rely on any tang to control algae.