Tang new to tank, 1st real fish, has brown spots help!!

gksipps

Okay, after living with our damsels for 6 weeks (had tank for 7 weeks) we now have a tang that we added yesterday. It looked good last night, but didn't really eat. Today, he has brown spots along his sides, and is scratching himself on the coral. Is he just stressed from the ride home and a new environment? It's not ich, right, because ich is white spots? Help us if you can!
Tank is 90 gallons
Fish only, no reef
Still have damsels, only because I couldn't catch them to get them out - but I will take them out Monday when I can enlist the help of someone with longer arms to scoop them out from the tank!!

justinx

Try posting this in the disease forum. You will get much better responses there.
P.S. Good luck getting those DAMNsels out! (you're gonna need it;) )

gksipps

Panic! I don't know any of this stuff - it is all new to me! We brought him home in the baggie from the store, let the baggie set in the water (closed for 15 minutes), then added some of our water to the bag, let it set another 15m, then added the fish. It is Saturday, fish water maintenance day, so we added stress zyme and a little stress coat. PH is 8.2, no ammonia, Nitrite was 2.0 nitrate 20.
Justin - thanks, I added it there too, just in case!

gksipps

Thank you Jackie... but since he's already in there, and until today, we had never even heard of a QT or HT, what do we do to make him feel better?