Tang????

logan15

Ok I just got a blue tang:rolleyes: "I know he will out grow my tank quickly but I plan to upgrade to a 75 or a 90 Soon".I got my blue tang for 29.99 he's about an inch or so.I got a veggie clip and some seaweed selects I also have formula 2 algae diet frozen food and frozen brine shrimp.Once again I will tell you I know he will outgrow my tank soon in a couple months but in that time I plan to upgrade my tank to a 75 or 90 Gallon.Can anyone show me some of their blue/hippo/regal tang pics?What do you feed your tang and how should I acclimate him?
Please Don't Yell At Me Because I Do Realize He Gets 12 inches but I will be upgrading soon.
Please Tell Me Any Info You Have!!
Thanks,
Logan

killa

Sorry I don't have any picks of mine but I will tell you some things I hope you already know. As for acclimatision just like any other fish, drip water slowly etc. This fish should be quaratined first. These tangs at that size are often harder to feed an more susceptable to ich. They are very nice looking fish though. Good Luck with yours.

mikeynice

Ive had mine for roughly a 1 1/2 years in my 90g without any problems. He's about 4 1/2 to 5 inches. Hasnt really grown that much since I got him. Eats everything I feed various flakes, various frozen, freeze dried krill and seaweed selects. Also a little skittish when you approach tank to fast. Ill try and post a pic tommorrow.

polarpooch

They don't grow as fast as you think. You'll probably be fine for a little while, since it's only an inch or two long. Be careful of ich with blue hippo tangs, especially if your tank is new. If there is ich in your tank, your blue tang will get it.
When I first set up my tank, I made the mistake of adding a coral beauty w/o quarantine. The fish had ich, it spread all over my tank. Lost my blue tang and my coral beauty in fairly short order. Hard lesson to learn.
As has been preached on this site over and over--practice good quarantine so you'll never have to experience the evil ich:)

ocellaris_keeper

I have too many tangs in my tank - just fo starters.
I bought a hippo for $19.95 and he was about .5" inches.
He got ick and waas already in the display tank - so I had to medicate the whole tank. I used Quick Cure from Aquarium Products, did 10% water changes every three days, and prepared the fish food with Garlic. To remove ick from your main tank takes about 6-12 months so watch out.
On to the story - my Hippo is now about 4.5" inches and is now too big for my tank - I am planning very soon to build a 500Gal tank so I can have a real echo system.

logan15

he is swimming around my tank eating brine shrimp!!I've been told by many people if I can keep blue alive that im a pretty good fish keeper.lol Everyone wish me luck lol
Logan

harman

mine is about 4 inches long. i wouldn't have one without a uv. the one i have got spots in a weak when i had my uv off for treatment of red slime. i turned the uv back on and they went away in less than a day or two.