Tangs battling it out!!!

stuckinfla

This is my newest addition PBT. Hes in the 180. The only other fish are 3 fire fish, cardinal, cpl of blennies, and a Sailfin. The Sail & PBT and at balttle with each other one chasing the other. The PB instigates sometimes, but mostly the Sail, who's been in there for 2 months. I added rock at the same time, but did not move the existing structures.
Will they get over each other? Do I need to remove the Sail for awhile? I have more rock curing, should I just wait (another 2-3days) and add the new rock & re-arange what I have? I know the PB's are sensitive, and I dont want to stress him out!!

dogstar

:thinking: Get a qt or another tank ready just in case you start to see ick on the PB. How much larger if any is one than the other. I have 10 tangs in my 180g and they all have their own little pcs. of real estate. If you dont see any injury on either then give it some more time but watch closely. Adding more rock or moveing some now would help. If you want more fish now would be a good time to put them in cause it would spead the attention around. Good luck
At first glace the pic looked like the PB's face was tore up but its just a coral.

stuckinfla

No injury to either, and they do seem to stay at seperate ends. When the PB swims to the right, the Sail darts out to him. Alot of tail to tail combat & racing across side by side. The Sail has his property, that later today I plan on breaking down & adding a little more rock. Yes, I know they are notorius ick magnets, and I dont want him stressed any more than he already is.

stuckinfla

Sailfin 3"-PB 4" Regarding adding more fish. I had planned on doing that anyway, would it matter if it was another tang. or just some firefish, clowns, ect....I have room to work with and was thinking of a Scopas or cpl yellow(3). Is sooner better or should I wait to do this to see how things progress.

dogstar

IMO it would be best to do it now cause it will spread out any agression and put less stress on the new arivals. Rather then haveing one new guy getting all the attention. It will be more distracting to the sail plus once the PB gets comfertable you want be able to cause they are the meanest tang there is. And thats why I dont have one with my others. This is IMO. Keep minimium lighting to keep them calm and if your water is good and bioload is under control and your adding cured rock I think its best to do it now cause later may proove to be impossible.

dogstar

Stuck...one more thing just in case, when adding your rock its best to try to create a lot of holes and caves and passages for the fish to hide and escape and to claim for their spot for sleeping ect. Thet will soon know the rock better than you like knowing the back of your hand so to speak.

stuckinfla

Well, Tues. added more rock rearranged what was in there and Wed......PBT was gone. I found him lying on the bottom flat and dead. There was no visible signs of ich or fin "picking" but I did notice that both of his eyes had blood in them. Would anybody know the reason for this? Is that just a sign of "DEATH BY STRESS"? Before I add anything else, the Sail's going into the 55!

bozo

powder blues are one of those fish that are very difficult to keep. imho they should not be kept in home aquariums . especially small ones.

stuckinfla

Originally posted by stuckinfla
This is my newest addition PBT. Hes in the 180.

BOZO - "especially small ones."
Yes I know they are difficult, what makes you say that a 180 is to small??