Tangs in nano

bigtang803

I was thinking a small Hippo, or Kole tang would work until they out grew it. I have never had a nano before, but the fish store keeps them in the small boxes. 24 gallons are much larger. What do you think??

surfermk9

no way man.... the fish store also keeps them for like 3 days in that small box... don't keep tangs in a nano.... just not a good idea

debbie

You could keep a dwarf angel in one instead of the tang......

They are very pretty and a nice variety to choose from too. Here is my Coral Beauty.

feixjai

the tangs at the fish store are in little cubes but they are all connected so its just one big tank with slots for fish.

bigtang803

Just bought a small hippo, and a sohal. I put them in my 24 gallon nano. They are very small. Seem to be doing good. When they grow, I will get them out. I will keep you posted. Sohal is my favorite fish. He is so cool.

seannmelly

Please bring the tangs back to the lfs. They may be small now but they require alot of swimming space, especially the sohal. All tangs are very active fish, and the sohal being one of the more aggressive tangs should be kept in a large tank.

jambo

I'm new here, so I'm not going to berate you on the tang thing based only on the fact that I'm no expert.
But seriously, I hate it when people ask a question and then completely disregard the answer. Bottom line, if you think you know more than the person your asking, then just don't f*&^#$g ask. It forces people to waste their time answering and now they'll have to waste even more time trying to convince you that you made a mistake.
If you don't care about people's opinions then don't ask! Just stumble around in the dark, killing fish and pissing money away. That way, at least we don't have to know about it.
JAMBO

zoboo2

Maybe BigTang is just pulling your chains. Some people get a kick out of getting people all riled (spelling?) up. Just a hunch

bigtang803

I am just shooting you guys a line. Wanted to see how bad I Would get flamed!!!!!!
I don't even have a nano. I do have a 150 gallon tank that I am gonna put them in when they get out of QT. Thanks for being so polite. I wont try to piss anybody off anymore, sorry.

seannmelly

seriously, i am so happy that you were joking!!! i read that and i was like "say what?!?!?!" lol. nice joke got me!! lol. they will look good in a 150!!