tangs

ratrod

Code:
[pre]30-xtra high wrote:
i don't know how to only quote one line... but i'm quoting the " has to reproduce to thrive"... wel what about angels?, nobody has ever bred impertaors, or any other angels that i know (correct me if i'm wrong), does that mean they aren't thriving in tanks?[/pre]
Thats an interesting point, I always kinda wondered in some of the really large aquariums(250,000g) if maybe some tang or angel has reproduced. Its a really tough call, one thing for sure, the bigger the tank the better. Seeing or hearing about tangs in small tanks is a heart breaker. Seen a yellow in a 10g one time, I asked the owner if he'd like to reside in a closet for a spell

dhughesz28

Seeing or hearing about tangs in small tanks is a heart breaker.
I hear ya, a friend of mine who is intent on setting up a SW tank, but refuses to learn anything about sw fish is going to be putting a hippo tang and about 5 other fish in a 16 gal. :scared:
:scared:
Its thier money, nothing I can do tostop them....

30-xtra high

a yellow would be alright in a 75.. but i personaly like Scopas better.. if you wanted that morph it'd be fine also.

fedukeford

After having a kole tang (smallest tang there is ) in my 125, and seeing it swim the legnth of the tank, IMO NO tang should be in anything smaller than a 6 foot tank. They LOVE swimming around the whole tank.
Feduke

30-xtra high

bad arguement.. if you put a damsil or a chromis in a 125 it'll swim the length of the tank to.. they swim it cause they have it, a yellow would be fine in a 75

O

oreo12

Originally Posted by 30-xtra high
bad arguement.. if you put a damsil or a chromis in a 125 it'll swim the length of the tank to.. they swim it cause they have it, a yellow would be fine in a 75
You are wasting your time here. Some people will never get it. One said if living things don't reproduce they are not thriving I know many people that can't reproduce and are thriving just fine. These people just don't understand How dumb they make themselves look. I am not calling anyone on here dumb. I believe everyone is very intelligent in there own way.

P

phishstx

Still new, only in this hobby for around 2.5 years now, but I have only 1 yellow tang. He has lived for 2 years in a 25 gallon tall and hid all of the time. I just transferred him to a 175 gallon 6 foot long tank and he has not stopped swimming since. He even swims at night. My tang is extremely peaceful to all tank mates (tomato clown, clarkii clown, lawnmower blenny, 6-line wrasse, watchman goby and yellow-line neon goby). I read somewhere, as well, that Tangs need at least 4 feet (6 even better) of length to swim. I truly believe this now! :happyfish

30-xtra high

1st off i can't believe that tang lived in the 25.. it was probably rediculously stressed out
and 2nd off, you can't have 2 different types of clowns in a tank..

O

oreo12

Originally Posted by 30-xtra high
1st off i can't believe that tang lived in the 25.. it was probably rediculously stressed out
and 2nd off, you can't have 2 different types of clowns in a tank..
why can't you keep 2 different types of clowns in the same fish bowl? I have in the past had a tomato and a , clarkii together befor myself.

ricks280

`hi guys,
lets face the real issue here because we could argue untill the cows come home the bottom line is that the best place for a tang or any other marine fish should be on a reef! (we all know that) so how about using our common sense and lets agree on the best ( second best ) place for a fish that needs a lot of swimming space from left to right and not up and down with a large volume of water i agree with hot883 ,that way keep 3 when we all know that room is the real issue , the other thing is that , as they get bigger (any tang that is) we than notice how much room they really need and most of us havent got the $$$$$$$ or the room to upsize as required so the best solution to the tang issue (j.m.o.) would be to gat a tang that will not get as big as murph145 suggested (kole tang)
( rick)