tangs

discus guy

looking to sell or trade a sailfin tang or a blue tang in the chicago land area make me and offer and we will see what we can do. The two fish are realy healthy and really active. Im in the northwest suburbs of chicago near woodfeild mall off 90 and 53/290.

discus guy

anybody i cant keep my nitrates undercontrol no matter what i do i think my bioload is to heavy and they are the only fish i think that can be making the bio load so high. thanks to anyone that can help me out

bob a.

Originally Posted by discus guy
anybody i cant keep my nitrates undercontrol no matter what i do i think my bioload is to heavy and they are the only fish i think that can be making the bio load so high. thanks to anyone that can help me out
Kinda hard to say if the fish are the problem without many more specifics such as your type and level of filtration and the other inhabitants of the tank. If you have filter media, make sure they are changed relatively often since they can turn into a nitrate magnet. Skimming is important, a high quality skimmer will go along way to reducing the load. I think I would talk to somebody at the LFS for some more tailored advice.

discus guy

well i have a 72 bow front with around 110 lbs of live rock and 80 pounds of live sand a cpr overflow box rated at 1200 gph and a mag 12 and a euro reef rs80 with just live rock in the sump made by sealife systems. i have two percula clowns, 5 chromis, 3 spotted/pajama cardinals, a scooter blenny and a diamond goby. with a brittle star and a sand sifting star plus a serpent star fish and a electric flame scallop. so i dont know what it is i seriously think it is the bio load.

46cobraguy

im guessing its a hepatus or w/e tang correct? if so how big is it? and are you open to offers or do u have a set price? Im kind of tight on the cash flow as for i gotta buy some live rock too but if the deal is sweet enough and gas friendly...i could probably take it off your hands for ya. IF you had a pic that would be great.....my email is cpetty1 at gmail
thanks

C

crash&burn

i posted saying i was interested? i'd pay for the overnight shipping

trade coral or $$$$