tangs

truefishman

hey guys is it possible to buy 2 tangs from one site that i cannot say and 1 from here. like i was planning on getting a yellow and a regular sailfin from one site and a dejardinii sailfin from here i would place the order so they arrive at the same time
could they still be compatible if they come from two sites to is needed that they have to come from the same site
thanks for your comments
-spencer

j.p

how big is the tank? rule of thumb is similer shapes tangs dont do well together but i have seen this combo many times
o and if you do do it let us kno hows it goes and pics

The rule 3 tangs per tank is bull crap. My rule is: If they're the same shape then only 1 per tank unless it's over 240g. I had a Yellow, Sailfin, and Purple in a 125g and it was a disaster.

truefishman

my tank is a 5x2x2 lee mar 150g
my brother is the 1 that really wants the 2 sailfinsis this to much or should i just go with 2

brewski4u1

Originally Posted by trunkster
http:///forum/post/2623796
150 gallons isn't enough to house one tang let alone three

hey mister 18 post i say you stop posting in every tang thread and read a book or 2 i have never heard a 150 is to small to house even one tang! this is the 4th post i have seem you answering w/ the same garbage! people are on here for helpful info not for your mouth vomit !

R

rcreations

150 not big enough for a tang?
I think you need a whole swimming pool, then your rang will be really happy.

otley 1975

Make sure there not the same shape. I have a tang in my 72 gallon and I know a guy that has two or three in his 165.

paintballer768

Originally Posted by Brewski4u1
http:///forum/post/2623929
hey mister 18 post i say you stop posting in every tang thread and read a book or 2 i have never heard a 150 is to small to house even one tang! this is the 4th post i have seem you answering w/ the same garbage! people are on here for helpful info not for your mouth vomit !

Post count really isnt a measure of anything but how much they posted, let alone how much they know.
trunkster's point is that the often minimum tank size for 1 tang is a 6' long tank, around the 150-175 gallon range. For 3 tangs total, it would have to be a fairly large tank. And I believe rather than worrying about shape, I think its the genus that can be used to guage aggression? I could be wrong, I just remember reading that on here a while back.
2 sailfins I think wouldnt be a good idea, same genus/shape.

truefishman

very funny creations

well i talked to the lady at my lfs and they specalize on like maintaining and building aquariums and she tould me that the 2 sailfins would workbut she told me if i were 2 get them they would have to be very small and grow up together
what do you guys think and thank you for your comments

i have 5 tangs in my 210 with no probs and alot of room. and pair of clowns, 2 sixlines, 1 regal angle, 1 coral beauty, 2 goobies, and 5 croms

truefishman

hey thanks guys for you comments
i actually need help stocking my tank
i have not had alot of good sucess with my fish as alot of people know that through me and gnorman, and i basically have put the tank back in order
our stocklist right now is
2 percs(mated and hosting a carpet)1.5'' both
1 green chromis-1''
1 diamond goby-length-2.5''
1orange tail fiji puffer-he is a beauty-2''
1longnose hawkfish an amazing fish i have had him for almost a year and no problens with inverts
this is what i was looking at
a pair of bluejaws i was planning to get them this weekend both medium size but the male a little bigger
then i was going to get 3 tangs- a yellow,a dejardini sailfin,and a regular sailfin
i am still deciding whether to get an emperor angel juvi
what do you guys think how should i stock this using the fish but i definateley want the pair of bluejaws

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Truefishman
http:///forum/post/2624767
hey thanks guys for you comments
i actually need help stocking my tank
i have not had alot of good sucess with my fish as alot of people know that through me and gnorman, and i basically have put the tank back in order
our stocklist right now is
2 percs(mated and hosting a carpet)1.5'' both
1 green chromis-1''
1 diamond goby-length-2.5''
1orange tail fiji puffer-he is a beauty-2''
1longnose hawkfish an amazing fish i have had him for almost a year and no problens with inverts
this is what i was looking at
a pair of bluejaws i was planning to get them this weekend both medium size but the male a little bigger
then i was going to get 3 tangs- a yellow,a dejardini sailfin,and a regular sailfin
i am still deciding whether to get an emperor angel juvi
what do you guys think how should i stock this using the fish but i definateley want the pair of bluejaws
What happened with your other fish? I may have missed it, how old is this system?

truefishman

oh man i am so sad i miss all of my fish the system is 1 year and a half i had alot but something got in the tank and whenever we got a fish in with like 2 months it died they were all dong great and they unfortunateley passed away now i learned my lesson with my brother always use a qt such a big mistake
-spencer

truefishman

i have another question because i was getting the bluejaws and i dont know how many tangs what should i be putting in first the tangs or the pair of bluejaws
thanks you for your comments
-spencer

dah-nah

The recommended minimum of 6' tank for tangs doesn't mean that you must add 6' for every tang. An 18' tank required for 3 tangs is ridiculous! They can swim in the same 6'.
My tank is the same dimensions as yours (5x2x2) and I plan on adding 3 tangs to mine as well. I picked tangs that are found to be more docile than most and grow to a smaller maximum size. I think that the YT would be fine with those dimensions, but unfortunately I'm not well informed when it comes to the Sailfins so I can't help you there.

truefishman

well my lfs has a main display reef tank that is unbelievible an they have a huge 7'' sailfin and a huge 6'' yellow that heve been together for a long time and they do well with each other
no problems.they're tank is i thinck a 165.
i looks like the sailfin is happy as can be

oneradtek

Originally Posted by Mr.clownfish
http:///forum/post/2624738
150gal is enough for 5 tangs. i had one tang in my 55gal (yellow eye tang) and he did just great.
amen! i love my kole (yellow eye) tang, he does great in my 55, although i dont have it crammed with LR so theres room to swim. Theyre one of the few, if not the only, tang id put in anything under 75 gallons though