tangs

jokerswild

i was wondering what kind of tang if any i could keep in a 55gal?
if i can't find a tang that would work any ideas? any one? my tanks been up for about 6 months
livestock
1 yellow tail damsel(devil fish)
1 false perc (tank)
1 yellow coris wrasse(speede)

badkharma

Although some would probably object, you can keep young tangs in there no problem. Just make sure to move them to a bigger tank or resell them before they get stressed from the size. I have a 65 gallon, and I have two tangs right now - both quite small, the blue tang is only 2 inches long, and the sailfin I have is only 3 inches long. Both are doing awesome. Once they start getting up there in size though, it's either back to the LFS or an excuse to tell the wife to get a bigger tank... :yes:

petem

The Blue tand and sailfin tang can co-exist? Cool, I didnt know that. What about the yellow tangs...It's either one or 3 or more right?

petem

Yeah, I agree with you Kipass. I've seen too many posts on here mentioning that. My Lfs got a new shipment of naso tangs a couple of weeks ago. They were all about 1.5inches in length. Very cute, but I passed them up. Mainly because I'm not set up yet. LOL:jumping:

badkharma

I agree Kipass, that's what I've done, I have enough LR to make it look good throughout the tank, but the tangs have plenty of swimming room - for now. Like I said earlier, before they get too big, it's back to the LFS or in a new tank. I don't see anything wrong with that. A juv. tang has plenty of room in a 65 gal.

mr. tuna

you can have a pair of fire fish gobies in a 55, and maby even a flame angel because they only get about 4 inches!
good luck,
Adam