Tank at 7 months

dory36

Thanks guys! It's been a source of joy and many tears!!!! Can anyone tell me how my scooter blenny looks? I've had him since April and he's still kicking. I did buy a bottle of Seapods to help seed my tank. I'm hoping that will keep him going for awhile.

feixjai

WOW. very nice. what kind of coral is that on the first pic of your last post? and how many gallons is that?

dory36

The green one? Those are hammers. The tank is a 75. I also just started a 42 gallon. There's some pictures of it under yawn...my tank is so boring thread! :joy:

pitbull01

Say, Dory...what all you got in there?(fish wise) Your tank is probably one of my top 5 favs on the site-your rock work in amazing-wanna help with mine? My tank is 3 months old, and on a 7th grader's budget-you dont get a whole lot of live rock. But my birthday is coming up, so we'll see. Next time you visit Michigan, you can come over and do your rock just like that in my 55 gallon!! :cheer:
-Adam

dory36

Thanks everyone! You all are really sweet! :yes:
I have both PC lighting and MH lighting. I run my PCs from 10am-9pm and I run my MHs from 4pm to 10 or 11pm. That's sort of a strange schedule, but I don't want my MHs running until I'm home from work. I'm afraid they might start a fire or something because they get so hot.

Boy, do I hear you about live rock Adam. I ordered mine online and spent about $200 for 60 lbs. I imagine that would be tough on a 7th grade budget! However, keep looking because you never know. I was in a pet store the other day and some guy brought in his entire tank because he was getting out of the hobby. The pet store labeled his live rock base rock and was selling it for $1.49 a pound! I bought all the big pieces I could find and put them in my other tank that's still cycling.
As for my fish list: 1 maroon clown, 7 chromis, 2 neon gobies, 1 yellow tang, 1 firefish, 1 sand sifting goby, 1 wrasse, and a scooter blenny. I also have a cool clean-up crew which includes a cleaner shrimp and a sea urchin. I think my bio-load is a little on the heavy side. I have a little problem with nitrates.
Thanks again everyone for your compliments!