tank backgrounds?

bergamer

Where can i find a nice reef background that is 48 x 22.5
well it is the 22.5 that I am having a problem finding, anu suggestions:happyfish

scoobydoo

paint it black or blue. If you do buy a paper/vinyl background, buy solid black or blue, not a picture of anything, and cut it down.

dvs

Why is everyone against tank backgrounds? Just wondering. I saw a pic that someone posted with a reef background and I thought it looked good.
:notsure:
Jen

bergamer

I saw a reef background on a reef tank and I thought it looked great!
it just created this endless effect in the tank.
so what looks better with a wall of coraline algeam black or blue?

scoobydoo

I have black but a lot of people also have blue. My only suggestion if you pick blue would be to not do a light blue as it will make your fish colors fade. My LFS has light blue and the fish look pale.

pwnag3!!

I have had black.... and i have had blue.
I like the black better. Purples and greens show up better on it, and it really brings out your bright corals.

lovethesea

seach oceanvisions dot you know what
anyway it goes on easily with a credit card or squeege. A peels off just as easy. Painting an existing tank is scary to me . Several people here use it. :)

T

thomas712

Yep oceanvisions, I have blue in the main tank and black in the refugium.

nm reef

I have seen a few displays with reef type backgrounds...to me they look fake...and in time look even worse as coraline starts to build up. I paint my backgrounds with black paint...I think the black adds depth and a great contrast to the colors of the corals/fish....as the coraline grows and covers the glass the appearence isn't so distorted. The background behind the hippo was once black...and is now covered with coraline....in my opinion it just wouldn't look the same if the background was a simulated reef structure.