Tank brands.....Questions????/

margie

hello,
My tank right now is a 45 gal, I bought 22 years ago and still no leaks, but reasonably sure my luck will run out.. I would like to get the same brand, but dont know what it is.. The place I got it from carried Fritz products, which I believe was /is in Dallas..
Any one have any ideas or recomendations on a good brand to buy?? I'm basically lookin for a quality tank, about 100 gal... give or take ...I haven't decided on acylic or glass yet...

thanks

shinobi9119

i know a lot of people who have All- Glass aquariums (thats the name). I have had a few for both fresh and salt water, and i think they are pretty good

wangotango

AGA (All-Glass Aquariums if they're still called that), Perfecto, and Oceanic.
Oceanic has some pretty cool tank designs.
-Justin

ironeagle2006

For a larger tank go with Perfecto they are made by Marineland or All-Glass Aquariums. Take it from some one that has hauled all 3 tank manufactors as an OTR trucker to the wholesalers Oceanics have on normally 30-40% break in shipping than AGA and AGA has 15% more than Perfecto break in shipping. Why I have no clue they are loaded the same way and you would think the same seal design just something about the glass used fails all the time.

margie

thanks for your replys everybody, always appriciated . I beleive my LFS carries all glass aquariums.....
any one else have any thoughts on the subject????

acrylic51

AGA would be a good choice IMO.....Again depending what your really looking for in a tank.....IMO I would have custom built depending what your looking for and willing to pay. As far as large tanks Perfecto would be my last choice. IMO don't like their setups for RR tanks.

ironeagle2006

Perfecto does have a HUGE advantage however over AGA there larger tanks DO NOT have a tempered glass bottom in them so you can drill and put in your own overflows were you want to. For me that is a huge plus. Also I have had 5 large tanks meaning 55 gallons or larger in the last 20 years guess what 3 of the 5 being the AGA's leaked in 5 years the 2 that did not were the perfecto's why the way the center brace is made. I had 3 AGA break at the center brace while full not a fun job to replace in a hurry. I sold a Perfecto 150 8 years ago and it is still intact as a bar display in the middle of the bar. he had gone thru 4 AGA's before getting my tank.