Tank Cleaning

sigmachris

An old credit card or old credit card style hotel key is good for getting the algae off the glass that a magfloat can't get.

D

dennis210

Scrapers and razors on glass tank!
Mag floats and elbow grease!

amanda46051

Great ty for all your help is there anyone else that has some really ingenious ways? I have a 55 Gallon Pred tank so I cant put a clean up crew in there and I have a 125 gallon reef that I do have a clean up crew in but I am a fanatic about having my glass clean and tank looking its best. There has got to be a easier way on keeping it clean.....

topfins-mj

The convetional way of using the algae scrubs will get you to build new muscles and probably a few cramps in between.
The Magfloat is the best tool for this. For stubborn algae you will need a scraper but it will be less strenuous at that point.

D

dennis210

This sounds funny but it really really works well. Get an old wooden cane not bamboo (walking aid). find the depth you need and cut off the bottom to legth. Not on the handle side make a saw cut just past where it sterts to bend. Saw out a notch and epoxy in a plastic razor blade holer. The blade is replacable, and the bend gives you enough leverage for even stubborn coraline growth!