Tank dilema

troyw806

My fish have been getting sick and I have already lost my LTA. I have tried everything, waterchange, medicine. Ok maybe not everything but I'm out of ideas. I had the lfs check my water and that's fine. One thing I have noticed is that my power heads are starting to get pretty warm. At night I turn off the fan I have sitting beside the tank, but in the morning the temp in the tank is around 83-84. I also tried leaving the fan on at night with the same results. The only thing growing halfway decent is the algae. If anyone has any idea how to help my fish friends I would sure appreciate it. :needhelp:

nanoreef

what size tank ?
what are your water pram?
what type of lights?
how much LS ?
how much LR ?
how long are the lights on (total hours)?
what is in the tank?
what are you using to filter/skim?
these questions can help me to better understand what is going on in your tank

troyw806

The tank is a 40 gal. long. I am using 50/50 lighting. They stay on app. 9 hrs a day. I have a filter and protein skimmer all in one made by skilter. Params. are ammonia-0, nitrate-0 ph-8.25. I'm going by the cards provided by the test kit. I don't know what LS and LR is. All was well untill about 2 weeks ago my heater broke in the tank. I noticed what looked like rust drip out when I removed it. I let it cycle for about 1 week (recomended by my lfs) then started completley over keeping the same live rock and doing a 30% wc.