Tank Help......

ds450x

Im just getting into saltwater so I need some help if possible. Im looking at putting a sponge in my tank since special lighting isnt need, right? I have a 75 gallon tank that is setup with 75+ pounds of lr and 70 pounds of ls. Is there anything else cool looking or would help my tank that I can add without special lighting? Thanks

flricordia

Originally Posted by ds450x
http:///forum/post/2749768
Im just getting into saltwater so I need some help if possible. Im looking at putting a sponge in my tank since special lighting isnt need, right? I have a 75 gallon tank that is setup with 75+ pounds of lr and 70 pounds of ls. Is there anything else cool looking or would help my tank that I can add without special lighting? Thanks
Fish and there are some non-photosynthetic corals available to the hobbyist. You should forgo the sponge though. Rarely do they last long. Most are poorly collected, shipped and recieved and those like the red finger sponge usually die slowely away.
If you just started the tank maybe let it go a month at least to cycle before adding any fish, corals, etc.
Jsut do a search on the net for non-photo corals and read on them and their requirements before getting any. Make sure you can properly supply their needs.

ds450x

Im having trouble finding some that I will be able to get at my lfs. What are some Non-photos that I would be able to order off swf.com?

ds450x

Im just trying to find some things I can keep with only regular flurescent bulbs besides fish and crabs and snails. Im trying to learn as much as I can.