tank in trouble

tacoma38

Hey I need help.i HaVE A FORTUNE IN THIS TANK!!its a 180 ,75 sump.with a asm 4 skimmer.3 ,250 halides with t5 across.nothing seems to florish.reading are zero for everything,calcium 400 average...kh 19...iron zero...ph is 8.3..phosphates zero...ammonia zero...Everything double checked by my lfs.and i just spent another $100 on a Nutrafin master test kit..everything still good...but my mushrooms are shrieking and my zoos are looking burned..HELP

B

bonita69

That could your problem TO much light. Try cutting back your MH a little.

tacoma38

I have cut back light abit.also what am talking about wont show up in a pic.its the smallist of pylps talking about,,,tank is 4 mths old..large pylops look good but its the small ones that are shrieking back

snakeblitz33

place the coral lower in the aquarium. You know, metal halides don't need to be on but around 4 hours a day... back it up with a couple of VHO's...

trigger11

It would be worth investing this reading you gave.
kh 19

If I remember correctly once you get a kh over 12 then you are starting to get on the high side. So at a reading of 19 you would be way high. I try to maintain mine at 10. When it gets as low as about 7 then my anemones tell me so because they start shrinking down. My guess is your corals are doing the same because the alkalinity is off in the other direction.
Best of luck

bird dog

Your tank is young, Your lights are hot . What is water temp. Is is steady? Do you run a chiller? How much live rock?

chuckcac

just a thought;
check your parameters an hour or so before
the lights come on....
then check again after
the lights are on for a few (4-5) hours...
compare results;
when testing at those two times keep an eye on your;
temp
pH
kH
you said your temp is 77 - 82...... does that mean the temperature swings 5 degrees in 24 hours...?????

ameno

just my thinking, but I think it could be to much light for the shrooms and zoos. I run HO T-5 on my 125 and I have to keep the mushrooms in a bit of shade even on the bottom or they will shrink and burn up. Might try shadding them a bit and see if that help

volcom69

Its def. not to much light i have 2 250s and a 150 watt metal halides on my 55 gal, but you should really lower that alk level to at least to at least 10 and double check ur po4 i will only trust testing my po4 with a HANNA meter which gives the best results. My zoas and i have only one mushroom, but loves the light. My tank is a mostly sps tank so thats why i have such the light. Also check ur TDS in ur water then to see what they are.

ameno

Mushroom in general do not like high intense lighting, hairy mushroom or ones sim. to that do love more light. All I'm saying is my mushrooms do the same thing when there out in the open and it's def. the light because the ones that are shaded do fine. Except like I said hairy mushroom I keep out in the open love the light. Maybe be the problem may not but worth looking at.

volcom69

Still dosnt explain why his zoas are burning up though, i would also check ur iodine levels and what they might be in ur tank.