tank leaking question

thehat

I have a minor tank leak on the very top part of my tank where the plastic meets the the glass. Does anyone know what I should do to fix this problem? it is a minor minor leak. In fact as for tight now it is drying before it hits the table that the tank is sitting on. I just want to fix it before it gets any worse.

fanker

i had a small leak like that and though nothing of it until my tank drained and every thing died. i used a razor and cut out the old seals and re-sealed it. its fine now.

thehat

the fact is that it is at the top of the tank. The leak is happening about 3/4 inch from the top f the tank. So as of right now the most that will be drained is about 1/2 inch of water.
Its the 12 gallon jbj dx.

thehat

i drained it down a lil bit and i think there might be a tiny hole int the glass :notsure: There is no seal near it really. How the heck could of it just worn through the glass? I am not sure. If its not the seal what do you do about a small hole in the glass?
:notsure:

fanker

get a new tank. if its in the front buy a new tank because to seal it up it looks bad, if its on the side than im sure u can seal it up without anybody seeing it

thehat

yea its on the side. i don't think it would be noticible at all cause it is at the top underneath the the plastic that overhangs the glass on the outside. It must be the tiniest of holes. I have the water drained enough at this point that it is not leaking. And even now it doesn't look that bad but I don't like seeing the water line. I don't think its that bad at all. I have heard that the jbjs are notorius for being leakers. I am surprised that they put out such a crap product after the last run of them were notorius leakers.