tank mate suggestions

tod4life

I am currently setting up a 50 long fowlr tank.
I am going to place my silver scat in the tank, and would like to know what else i can add with him.
Also, suggestions on a good cleaning crew would be great.

tod4life

i thought this was a serious board, and i get this. i think i will have to go to pet smart to get my salt water answers for now on.

robb

The ever poular snot nose snail

Also the fast moveing haulin' a$$ snail

These are also very good tank mates for a Scat.

jacksonpt

I'm not familiar with scats, but aren't they brackish water fish? If so, you'll either have to find out if you can adapt them over to full salt, or you'll have to stick with other brackish species. Sorry I can't be more help, but I wanted to get your post back on a serious note.

tod4life

Originally posted by jacksonpt
I'm not familiar with scats, but aren't they brackish water fish? If so, you'll either have to find out if you can adapt them over to full salt, or you'll have to stick with other brackish species. Sorry I can't be more help, but I wanted to get your post back on a serious note.

scats are brackish, but like all brackish, they thrive in salt also. they are pretty cool fish. i wanted to start a salt tank cause they are just awesome!

robb

Two union guys are standing and talking. Suddenly one of them turns around and stamps his foot.
The other guys says, "What was THAT all about?"
To which the union guy replies, "That damn snail has been following me around all day!"
This is a test of the emergency joke system. This is omly a test!
:D

robb

Two union guys are standing and talking. Suddenly one of them turns around and stamps his foot.
The other guy says, "What was THAT all about?"
To which the union guy replies, "That damn snail has been following me around all day!"
This is a test of the emergency joke system. This is only a test!
:D

jacksonpt

Are scats community fish? If so, there's a lot you could do. Dwarf Angels, a smallish wrasse, butterflies, clowns, damsels, etc.. As for cleanup, keep it diversified. I personally would go with about 5 turbo snails, 5-10 scarlet reef hermits, an emerald crab, and the mix 'n match offer from IPSF.com. You can then loadup on cleaner critters, and their strombus grazers are terrific at keeping your glass sparkling. If you're not going to get into anythign aggressive, you could also add a pair of shrimp.

robb

I think you should start off with a cute little Clown fish. They are hearty and full of personality.

tod4life

well i've got 4 huge turbo snails now, 2 small turbo snails, a small blue legged hermit, and the little clowny....so far all is well, the snails are all cruizing around, and the crab has cleaned up the hair algae that had started to grow, and the clown has eatin and is looking healthy!