Tank mates for a porc puffer

leftyblite

Would a different trigger be better? If I got one should I find one the same size or slightly smaller bigger? If I've read right, a clown would get too big for my tank.

mrducks

Picasso, Picasso ,Picasso. This would deffinately be my choice. Not all that aggressive, colorful, full of personality, and can easily fend for itself. Dont get that large either.

mrducks

By the way, with this fish, size is not all that big a deal. Mine is smaller than my puffer by quite a bit and they get along great, but i dont see why bigger would be a problem.

leftyblite

That sounds like possibly a good tankmate for my puffer. I'm going to the LFS this weekend to check on what they have in sotck. :thinking:

leftyblite

Well so much for getting the trigger. My dausghters nano cube tank crashed this weekend, so I had to put her clownfish in with the porc puffer. I was nervous but now no worries. After about 1.5 days they were friends, swimming all over the tank together and resting in the same cave.
Next question is this. My neighbor just got a foxface for his tank and it is awesome. It is the first time I've ever seen one up close. I've read that they are peaceful fish. Would one of these work in my tank with the other 2???

promisetbg

Magnificent foxfaces are gorgeous. I have a foxface lo and he is sweet. Another beautiful fish is a bluespot rabbitfish, and scribbled rabbit. Foxfaces and rabbits have venomous spines which they will show off if they feel threatened, but they have a good disposition. They also will help with algae control.

promisetbg

Sure,they will be fine together. Foxfaces really are peaceful, and can get to where they eat right from your hand.

leftyblite

Thanks for the help!!
I got my foxface this weekend. He is about 2 inches. He is already buddies with the clown and the puffer is tolerating him for now. After 2 days he is now eating OK and coming to the front of the tank(following the clown and the puffer) when I come by the tank.