tank not clear

splash1914

I set a 150 community tank at my work about 2 months ago.... for the first 2 months it was perfectly clear... in the last week I have had a diatom breakout and the water isnt as clear as it should be...... I am running a wet/dry, skimmer, carbon, and use RO/DI water.... I even did a 40 gallon h2o change and switched out the filter pads to try to resolve this with no luck.... I have a few damsels, one small yellow tang and chainlink eel...
Any ideas?? Thanks...
The 300 tank for the barracudas is in the middle of its cycle.. once it all set up I will post some pics...

rane

Have you tried to maybe get more water circulation in the tank or sponge between the outlet of the water inder the bioballs and where the pump is so any particles will stay under the bioball chamber. dont know if it made sense to you but that show I have it and it works perfect

splash1914

I have plenty of circulation and I have a filter pad between the drains and bio ball area.. plus two prefilter sponges... I'll see what an extra powerhead does.... Hows your new setup going?