tank options -

holliek

Hi there!
I haven't posted on this forum in a long time because we moved and my tank purchase was postponed a bit! I'm looking into starting up a reef & fish tank, 100g, this December and have been searching for different tanks. I like the look of the bow front tanks, but I'm not sure about glass vs. acrylic either.
I found this tank - does anyone have any experience with this type of setup? Any comments or suggestions?
http://www.fishtankstore.com/aquariums/bowfront.php
By the way, I do not have a tank at all anymore, I have to correct my signature ;)
Thanks!
Hollie :happyfish

frozenice

I personally like all glass aquariums. They are a great company and have a lifetime guarantee on their tanks. They are very popular in LFS. I reccomend buying from a good price LFS. They will usually give you a good price if you buy a couple of items. Dont be scared to haggle them. Even when i try out a new store i ask for a 10% discount on fish or other items, and they dont argue, just ring me up.

holliek

Thank you for your reply! I see that you live in South Florida - I live in Deerfield Beach. Do you have a LFS that you recommend? I just relocated here, used to live in Miami Beach.
:notsure:

T

tizzo

I'm not sure how popular this is, but I liked it. I once saw a bowfront- turned backwards. It looked like it went on forever, and the fist had more swimming space in the front. Real pretty.

bobbyzat

If I were you, I would shop around a bit more. That site seems kind of pricey. Or you could do what I tell my friends to do. Buy a tank at the LFS, cuz shipping elsewhere would be tremendous, and then get everything else off the internet. HTH

holliek

I'll definately take a look around a bit more, and visit a few of the local places - thank you for the input! So, the bow front is distorted? Anyone else have the same troubles?

fire30b

hey Holliek
At my LFS a 72 gal bow front aquarium sales for about $200. I think that store on the website is very expensive. I would look around. Drive up to Cleveland and pick one up.

frozenice

Of course I can help you out with a local fish store. They are professional and will give you everything, you just need to spend the driving time, or they can come to your house and install. They did a free installation of a 75 gallon FULLY FULLY equipped for me. And the house was well over 30 minutes away from them. There are a couple I can reccomend, and you can see which is closer. Reef Aquariums (Great guy, great for reefs, very very cheap corals) has a website. Coral Reef Aquatics (cheap prices on tank equipments and good installation prices) Marine Scene (well reknown for its great quality of fish and installations) Just look in the white pages or yellow pages for their #'s if you cannot find the #'s email me at frozenice07@aol.com and i will email you their telephone #'s.