tank overheating

chibby

My tank temp is running 82- 84 degrees. No heater, lights out. I have a 75 gal FO with LR.
1 -- maxijet 1200 & 900 power head, Magdrive 700 water pump in wet/dry. pro clear skimmer, with a pump, ( in wet/dry). & a uv sterilizer.
my home temp is 74 drgrees so that's not it.
I just removed 2 magijet 900's , didn't help.
I'd appreciate any help with this. short of buying a chiller. $$$$

chibby

I have 2 48" flouresant. one 50/50 actinic & 1 65k life glo 2. the temp is currently 82 & the lights are off.

chibby

I have just enough oto place under the lights. leaving about 4" front & back open . using a Coral life digital therm & reg floating .

cadbury

Well, something like that happened to me before and I just ended up keeping a fan in the area, seem to work for me!

robchuck

Evaporative cooling should be able to help you out. Try to make the tank as accessible to open air as possible by removing glass tops and such. Then, do what you can to encourage gas exchange: powerheads aimed at the surface work, but a small, Walmart clip-on fan works wonders at encouraging evaporative cooling.

chibby

Thanks for the help.
I have a small fan blowing on the wet/dry & the hoses and that's helped.
I appreciate all the advise.
Thanks again

squidd

You may also want to check your pumps...(feel them)...to see if they are running "warmer" than expected...
Calcium can build up or a bit of Algae and cause them to "drag", bind and build up excess heat...A good cleaning "usually" helps...

chibby

Thanks, I cleaned the pumps (just in case) And am now using a small fan blowing across the wet/dry aimed at the hoses. That seems to be working. temp is now holding around 80.
I also keep the doors open under the stand at night and that seems to be helping.
Thanks for all your advise , I appreciate the help.