Tank Pic - Please comment

gregm779

Looks really good, you should take a pic without the flash also, to show better coloring. The only real problem I see may be your bubbles, so they sting anything yet with their sweepers?

euphoria

The sweepers of the bubble coral are short. I've never seen them extend out more than half an inch. The closest thing to it is my green brain coral, but that guy is doing great. So I think the bubble is fine where it is.
and YES that IS a snapper. I didn't buy it. My fiance wanted to surprise me for my bday and she just went to an LFS and fell in love w/ a pair of snappers, so she just bought them for me. The damn LFS didn't even tell her that they get too big and eat like pigs.
One of them died a few weeks after, but this one is still doing great, although my Fiji damsel keeps chasing it around all day.

druluv

Nice and Healthy Tank. Yeah that does look like a snapper. How the snapper doing in your tank, I always wanted one.

euphoria

IT's doing fine. Eats like a pig though. I've seen it swallow some big pieces of food, and I thought it's going to choke and die on it :D

euphoria

IT's doing fine. Eats like a pig though. I've seen it swallow some big pieces of food, and I thought it's going to choke and die on it :D
Strange thing is, it always swims high in the water column, as you can see in the pic, too. I rarely see it swimming around in the tank. It's always near the top corner areas.

oceana

look good to me. nice space between corals and good selcetions.
heck i have my corals stacked one on top of the other and have no problems so you should be fine

druluv

Originally Posted by EUPHORIA
Strange thing is, it always swims high in the water column, as you can see in the pic, too. I rarely see it swimming around in the tank. It's always near the top corner areas.
How does he get along with the fish, and do they get big

jjlittle

Nice looking tank I would be alittle concerned witht eh snapper they do get quite big and could make a meal out of same of the tank mates.The little damcel may chase now but be food later.

euphoria

It's a 60 gallon tank. Snapper is quite small now and when I upgrade to a 180 gallon this september, I'll get rid of the snapper.
It doesn't touch my corals or other tankmates, probably cuz it's small for now.
The coral beauties are reef safe and mine never messes w/ my corals. It just picks on the algae from LR and glass/powerhead surfaces.

bergamer

is that a red gargonian?
I have a yellow and I will frag a piece of mine for a frag off of yours
im in glendale

reefdude37

holy crap, thats 1 of the most coolest tanks i ever see in my life, very good job, hopefully when i move in my own home i will set up a tank that looks like that, VERY good job...

becka

What a beautiful tank!!! Can I ask how you keep algea from over running everything?? It covers my live rock, substrate??? getting frustrated cause I would love to keep adding corals?? Thanks!

euphoria

Originally Posted by bergamer
is that a red gargonian?
I have a yellow and I will frag a piece of mine for a frag off of yours
im in glendale
It's a sponge, not a gorgonian. speaking of fragging, can sponges be fragged?

euphoria

Originally Posted by becka
What a beautiful tank!!! Can I ask how you keep algea from over running everything?? It covers my live rock, substrate??? getting frustrated cause I would love to keep adding corals?? Thanks!
Depending on when you setup your tank, the algae bloom may be a normal and expected thing. I believe most tanks go through a big algae bloom when first setup, then it disappears.
Anyways, I have plenty of snails to eat algae off the glass, rocks, and sand. I also keep my phosphates at zero. Your lighting may be a factor, too. Are they new lights, are they very old lights? Both of these can cause some algae to start developing.
I also keep plenty of water movement in the tank and also at the surface of the tank, and at nights, when lights are off, leave my hood fully open so that lots of water oxygenation occurs.
I'd suggest you first check your phosphate levels. Keep your lights on 8-10 hours a day, no more. Buy some turbo snails so they clean any algae.
Let me know what happens