Tank pic

chinnyr

Well,I have been away from this board for a while,and I just wanted to post a recent pic of my tank.I have transfered my 60gal and 38gal into a new 90gal aga megaflow w/20gal sump.I am dealing with a small flatworm problem,and other than that things are good.Temp gets up to 84 some days,but that will soon be fixed too.Pic is from May.

skirrby

tank looks great,,, you should look into putting a black backround on there,,, it would really make all those nice corals stand out

chinnyr

I actually do not add any supliments to the tank what so ever.I feed frozen brine,cyclopeeze,dts,and nori.As for corals....mostly softies.Various zoos,leathers,ricordia and other polyps.I also have a few lps and recently some sps.The Frogspawn has gotten gigantic.I also have an anchor and pagaoda.The sps are all Motiporas.Several frags of purple,green and orange caps.And,a fist size blue polyp orange encrusting monti.
Thanks for all the positive comments too!
Here's a pic of my Xenia before I cleared it all out when I moved.And,a couple of other coral pics.

oceana

hahah holly crap thats alot of xenia. it took you that long to cut it back?? :scared:
I hope you sold it all. with that much wyou could have nearly paid for the new tank.
is that white clump in the middle of the new tank the frog spawn?? looks kinda washed out.
the new tank looks great. nice to see another nearly all softie tank.

chinnyr

Yeah,the Frogspawn recently bleached out completly white.I have no idea as to why because it was the only coral affected.I had been problem free with all corals until this.Now,after a month it is returning back to it's original color.
Yes!The Xenia paid for my new tank.And my skimmer,and nearly all of my lighting.The Xenia is making a comeback in my new tank now too.There must have been some minute amount that I missed when I moved.There is now a colony of about 12 stalks,and it has regrown on the glass.

oceana

that stuff is so hardy its amazing . i slice and dice mine alot and never have a problem. grows like a weed IMO
funny how somthing so hardy that does great for years and then out of nowhere can crash and noone understands why. i have seen lots of storys like that.
next to GSP they have got to be one of the most steadfast and fastest growing corals around