Tank Pictures

gemmy

The tank is looking good. Do you plan on adding a feeding dish? I think it would be neat to attach it to the seahorse.

jaodissa

Awesome idea to put the feeding dish. And yes I am. Im purchasing a large shell to use. I think I will order the seahorses Oct 1

novahobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaodissa http:///t/391798/tank-pictures/60#post_3482971
Thanks for the help! Here is a new shot of the tank. First tank member is a shrimp!! And the statue will be the god the seahorses worship haha. I know most wont like it, but i thought it was funny

All that matters is that YOU like it. Personally I think it's kinda cool.

jaodissa

I've got some rotten luck haha.. my damn shrimp climbed out of the tank. I haven't found his corpse yet so Im thinking the doggies ate him. What a damn shame. RIP little shrimp. Im sorry.

jaodissa

Theres really no where for it to hide in my tank. The only rock in it is all epoxied to the back of the tank so it cant have gotten behind anything. He was always climbing on the rock wall near the top too. I checked the filter area, but no sign of him. He is also HUGE. Hard to miss actually.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaodissa http:///t/391798/tank-pictures/60#post_3484894
Theres really no where for it to hide in my tank. The only rock in it is all epoxied to the back of the tank so it cant have gotten behind anything. He was always climbing on the rock wall near the top too. I checked the filter area, but no sign of him. He is also HUGE. Hard to miss actually.
Just want to say this...It SHOULD have a place to hide, even though you have a rock wall you should build a small area of rock out from it. SW critters like shrimp are shy and need hiding places. They feel safe in the rock, also when they molt they feel that need to hide to protect themselves until the shell gets hard again. However shrimp do climb out. When I moved my 30g long tank I found two (quite large) of the 5 peppermint shrimps dried out on the floor behind the tank.