tank pricing.

renogaw

wow, i never expected prices on tanks to be all over the place.
1 store has a 75 gallon for 137.
another for 178
another for 141
another for 169
one guy has a "75" tank on craigs list for $90, but the dimensions make it closer to a 100gal tank...
one store has a tank and stand combo for 300, another store for 550, 310, 449, etc. all the same tanks and stands (all of which i cannot see being able to support a 75 gallon reef). craigs list has a combo for 270 never used. funny thing is, some people who had the higher price on the tanks, had lower prices on the combos.
it's enough to make you mad. anyone buy a 75 recently and know how much they really should cost? i've been pricing mainly standard tanks, but am going to look into a drilled one.

andy51632

I bought a 75 gallon all-glass aquarium with overflow from a chain pet store for $250 about a year ago. I think I got ripped now that I have looked around. It was kind of a impulse buy.

vegas made

whats this craigslist??? whats that ? everyone on this site says they find good sales on tanks on it? how do i check a craigslist??

dawman

It`s a website for classified ads . Can`t post links , so craigslist and you should know the rest .

wiluven

Ya I'd love to take the plunge but I hate spending money on something that has such a wide range of prices. I found the tank/stand I want at a LFS - 100 gallon bow front (glass) and they want like $1700 for it. I see some good deals (I think) on internet sites but I'm no where near confident enough to say 'that's a tank that has exactly what I need to do a salt water tank right, and it's a great deal!'
everyone is out to rob the noob :p

rbaldino

Those prices are all over the place. If you're not too concerned about the price, I'd buy from the LFS you trust the most and help keep them in business.

renogaw

Originally Posted by Evanish
Where the tanks all the same brand? A standard AGA (Aqueon) 75 gallon tank will sell around $120.
yea, seems everyon stocks all glass aquariums around here. as rbaldino says, i'll probably help out the guy that's been there to answer a ton of questions.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by renogaw
yea, seems everyon stocks all glass aquariums around here. as rbaldino says, i'll probably help out the guy that's been there to answer a ton of questions.
Thats what I would do myself...Throw a little change their way..and keep rolling with the questions..Good luck on your new purchase