Tank running since easter.

shoorty069

Okay, ive posted a few new threads, but now its time for a new one. Anyway. Im not sure what i need for my tank. Right now...its cycling because of the live rock. I have a 55gallon tank with an off the side filter with 2 biowheels. I have a pump in there, im not sure how strong it is, i dont think its too strong, but things move. There are a few synthetic plants and some lava rock. It also has 12lbs of live fiji rock. The heater is fine, it keeps at about 78-80*. I have half sand half crushed coral on the floor of the tank. The lighting is probably the first thing that everyone is going to say needs to be replaced, it is 2(15") 20watt lighting houses with 50/50 lighting bulbs i got from *****...i think they may be 18 watts or so. In the tank, there are a few blue damsels, a striped damsel, a clarki clown, an anemone, a,...im not sure what the name of this one is at the moment, but its silver with black stripes, its very thin, and it has really long fins. Im pretty sure its name has something to do with a bird. I also have a goby which is pink and blue, it spends most of the day sifting through the sand in its mouth. and i have one firefish, i did have 2 up until monday when it went MIA on us...we need to get another because they are schooling fish...and i also need another goby. Im planning on another clarki. I have a choco. star and a few hermit crabs. Any suggestions on what hardware and possibly what fish i should get? Thanks for reading this, i know it was long, and i babble alot, but all comments would be appreciated.
ryan

rickd

The Anemone will have too have strong light from what I understand at least 4-5 watts per gal. so i would say you need light first. I sounds too me like you have all the fish you need. IMO

maurice

I would also recommend getting the CC out of the tank and going with all sand,and also remove the lava rock.The lava rock has alot of silicate that can be bad to your tank in the future.I agree with RickD on the lighting also,the anemone's need strong lighting!I know it sounds like alot,but just trying to help you out.